Chapter 21 - Lights Up

Y/N: You ready to move Ezreal? 

Ezzy: Where we headed?! 

Y/N: I'm gonna call Kayn, follow me! 

I take the fob right out of Felix's hand, starting up my LC500 convertible.

The exhaust rumble gets me going, and the interior is pristine. The V8 plays a nice sound as I'm pulling out of the lot. Also, the special seats I paid extra for makes my ass feel comfy, same with the advanced Brighthammer stereo, fuck yeah, on brand. 

Ezzy follows behind me as I take out my phone next. I'm going slow down the road, let me throw Kayn up on the Bluetooth...

Kayn: YO!

Y/N: Yo, pumpkin-fucker! Where are you and Seraphine at?!

Kayn: What? Why do you assume Sera's with me?

Y/N: Because I was getting my coffee at the shop this morning and you guys didn't even stop to say hi!

Kayn: What?! That sounds like a you problem, bud! 

Y/N: Poor Ben was there working alone, plus I was in a hurry, I had to get promoted to COO motherfucker! WOOO-

Kayn: No fucking shot... 

Y/N: Damn right! Hey, I got the LC500, where you at? 

Kayn: No shit... well, you were right, I am with Seraphine-

I fucking knew it, motherfucker just stealing my spot that was reserved or whatever. Man, this is just like fucking high school. Yes, I went to high school with Kayn, and he stole my date to prom. Actually, he used to bully me too, but we started becoming friends after his life was going down the shitter in college. 

Kayn: -we're at the Cove! That seafood place on the pier, you know? Come hit it up man, Seraphine is performing soon!

Y/N: WHAAAAT?! DOG I'M FUCKING DATING THE WOMAN AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?! WAIT... I'm dating her, why didn't she tell me? 

Kayn: I dunno man but get the fuck over here. 

Y/N: Yeah sure, whatever. 

I hang up before I start convulsing out of jealousy and anger. Something about this situation is just making me boil. I'm forced to just take a few breaths once I make it to the parking spot. It's so fucked... so fucked... I don't care who's looking at the fresh car right now or me who's on the verge of a mental breakdown. 

Gotta try and get... Kayn out of my head, which is easier said than done. Kayn loves doing that, it's hard to get him out once he's embedded deep. Like, he's a good friend and all, or I guess right now he's being a real cock. 

I gotta stop rambling and just... relax... go in... watch Seraphine, talk to Kayn, all serious. 

I close up the car and meet Ezreal who's adjusting his suit for the night. 

Ezzy: You ready? What are we here for? 

Y/N: Sera's playing tonight.

Ezzy: Oh, that's sick, bet you're excited.

Y/N: Yeah, except she didn't tell me. Kayn just told me when I asked him and grilled him for it. 

Ezzy: Ohhhh... damn, I uhhh, I'm sorry to hear that, then. You want me to just go home? I'm not gonna hold Kayn while you beat him, if you even can. 

Y/N: Whatever you wanna do, I need to have a chat with Kayn. 

Both of us head inside, blowing past anybody turning their heads at us. We come right to Kayn's table in the front, but off to the side.