Chapter 10 - Reunited Once Again

SERAPHINE POV

Ezreal: I told you, little lady, everything is fine, you're gonna see your precious Y/N again! Jayce is helping get back Y/N as we speak, that's why he sent us out of the room so... he could... violently argue with Draven over the phone. I'm guessing they are both equally panicking over this. 

Sera: I just... I'm worried what they're doing to him in Ionia...

Ezreal: You want the honest answer? They're probably trying to hold him for ransom. I bet they're probably either getting him to try and build that weird gizmo, or they're just fuckin' with him. Either way he's gonna be fine. 

Jayce comes running out of the office, hanging up his phone. 

Jayce: Draven just gave us some info. They got eyes on one of the Hypercharges at one of their enemy camps, they figure that's where Y/N, Darius, and Orianna were being held. 

Sera: Oh, so... they're fine! Thank gosh... thank yo-

Jayce: Hold... that thought, busker. It blew up. 

Ezreal: What? 

Jayce: Yep. You heard me. 

Ezreal: So, what the fuck happened? 

Jayce: They believe... that it cycled and didn't distribute, like someone who doesn't know how to build it, built it. 

Ezreal: That would be my boy... so, any rumors on the blast? Did they survive? 

Jayce: They're making the brave assumption that nobody survived... 

.....

...

.

I... can't even speak. There's no way, I can't believe it... how... MESSED UP, does my luck have to be, for a guy I just met, one of the only guys I actually liked, romantically, to die? A week of worrying... for nothing... I even used all my vacation hours! 

My words are nonexistent. And... while I feel my eyes start to gloss over, I feel like it's not gonna be enough to just... give me that warm feeling right now... I'm supposed to be optimistic, happy, not a sad sap... b-but... 

Ezreal: Oh jeez... how do we tell her? 

Jayce: Figure it out, I'm gonna go to the airport, you coming with? 

Ezreal: What about Viktor? 

Jayce: We'll bring him along too, fuck it, you too busker. 

Sera: B-but... b-uh... 

Ezreal: For goodness' sake, girl, he's not dead! They just can't find him! There was no trace of them in the crater they left behind, but they found everything and everyone else! They got like... a 50/50 chance of finding him, but they will, and when they do, we'll be at the airport waiting for 'em. Now, come on, let's go honey. 

I am... very stupid right now... I couldn't understand the technical, corporate lingo they were spitting. Ezreal helps me out of the chair, and we all leave the building, heading right to a black SUV out back. It's an Uber Lux... w-woah...

TIMESKIP! 

Y/N POV

Y/N: OH FUCK!!! OH FUCK!!! 

Orianna: RELAX!!! Relax... Darius, drive faster!