Chapter 15 - I Want to Be Comforted

Sera: I hate private equity...

Y/N: Yes, let's restart this rant we just had on capitalism. 

I ranted for an hour straight, and I can tell Sera is ready to burst after I fucked the... no... that's not right. I pounded her with... no, man, my lingo is messed up. I destroyed... nope. I insighted her with facts and logic! Good enough. 

Y/N: So yeah, someone is dealing under the table, we think it's Viktor, that Russian guy, nice but mysterious, and Orianna, who's been nothing but a happy helper. I'm worried she could be doing it against her will in some way shape or form. Like, this doesn't seem like she'd be willing to do it. She's not obsessed with the beauty of annihilation like General Darius was. 

Sera: So... a cute robot lady with a mismatched arm... or... a Russian guy who...

Y/N: Puts my looks to shame. 

Sera: That's not what I was going to say at all! I was going to say he was wee-bit dickish! I think... p-personally, you're cuter. 

Y/N: And Ori doesn't compare to the looks you casually strut, even with your long bedhead I see you in the morning with. 

Sera: Ohhh... stop it... hehe...

Y/N: Nah, I'm serious. You... pretty... womone... *Grunt!*

I flop onto the couch bed next to her, flipping up some of her hair and then pulling her barista visor off her head, putting it on. She takes my sling and gives the strap a little tug, then messes with my feathered hair and messing it up. 

Sera: You're such a GOOBER!

Y/N: You're the bigger goober! 

Sera: Nuh-uh! 

Y/N: Yuh-huh! 

I'm lying against the back of the couch, and she just pauses, placing her hands next to my good arm, and sitting on her knees with a smirk on her face. She blows some hair out of her face and then takes the barista visor off me, tossing it away, also losing her apron. 

Y/N: Hehe... how was work, goober? 

Sera: Oh, well, work was fine, I mean... Bao was a good little camper; he only destroyed your mattress in your bedroom you keep shut. 

Y/N: WHAT?!

Sera: I'M KIDDING!!! Goober... that's so goofy, I'm happy I learned that. 

Y/N: You got all the quirky art girl humor and I love it. 

Sera: I love... something else...

Y/N: What, Bao? 

I know exactly what she meant, but I gotta kid her along, it's funnier. 

Sera: I do love my little Bao... but-

Bao: Mew...

Bao gets picked up and set on the floor next to the couch, and that leaves me and Sera to hang out and stare at one another. 

Sera: Well... ummm... I do love something else.

Y/N: Oh yeah? 

I loosen my tie and toss it the same place she tossed her apron, turning myself and facing her more while she's sitting there on her knees, on the couch bed with me. Her hands are clammy, I can tell by looking at them, and she's so nervous with what she's about to admit that her elbows are shaking. 

She takes her one hand and inches it across the bed to my good hand, I turn my hand over and grab ahold of it. Looking back up in her eyes, there's ounces of blush under them too.