Chapter 14 - Spreading Corruption

I'm back in the office today to meet with the other execs. Turns out they needed me in person for a discussion and didn't wanna risk me going on my phone or anything else. Seraphine's back in the coffee shop, and yes, she's now living on my couch. At least she's making royalties now, so she's able to pay me something.

I should really stop making her pay me... she doesn't need to; I care about her enough as is and I make the most bread still. Still no car, some fucker sniped the Jaguar XJR I was looking for.

I don't care, I still want one, they were cool cars when I was younger, and they still are now. Not only will I stand out but the early 2000s were when Jags sort of... I wanna say... limited their issues. Those XJRs are actually very reliable from that age, and I want the supercharged V8 version.

I take the elevator up, stopping at the sales floor first to make sure people are doing their jobs. 

???: Y/N IS BACK!!!

Y/N: Yeah, that's right! How is everybody? Good? 

A couple of the employees nod their heads, then one raises their hand. 

Y/N: What do we got?

???: We're partnering with Riot Records to remodel their recording studios. The Megaplex Plaza that's on the southern border. 

Y/N: Oh, that's perfect, good job on that one.

???: Thanks...

I really... really... have to learn all their names, but they all work so well together that I just don't need to. 

Y/N: Everybody else! Call, sell, sell, sell! I'm gonna pretend like I wasn't absent for almost two weeks! 

A few people laugh and then I'm off to the executive's office. Jayce, Ezreal, Orianna, are all there, even Mundo, but for some reason Viktor isn't around. 

Y/N: Hey all, what's going on, why do Orianna and I have to show up? 

Jayce: This is a very important meeting... I'm assuming you've seen the news.

Y/N: I use it to fall asleep...

Ori sighs, and then shoves her phone in my face. I take a moment to read the headline and it's... not too good, here, I'll read it out for you all. 

Y/N: "Ionian Insurgents in Bed with Brighthammer", well... I guess this has to do with the things I saw. 

Jayce: Yeah, only this time they actually got photos to back up your ridiculous accusation. 

Y/N: You're coming at me with some fuckin' claws! You supposedly bought it before! 

Jayce: I'm sorry! Sorry... we're under a lot of stress right now. \

Ori: Look at these photos... 

The Hellfires, The Thunderblows, even the Hypercharge, each and every single dated Brighthammer product that we sold to the military over a course of... well, two years, as long as I was working here, surfaced in this article. 

Brand fucking new too...

Ezreal: And guess who they're coming after? 

Y/N: Let me guess, me? 

Jayce: BOTH OF YOU!!! The press wants to eat you both alive! 

Y/N: When were these taken? 

I hand Ori her phone back as Jayce ramps himself up for the dramatic pause. 

Jayce: Yesterday... the article released today...

Y/N: Well, that's obviously why I haven't seen it yet.