Chapter 9 - Hello Irelia

SERAPHINE POV

Sera: Hi Y/N... Uh, I was thinking we were going to hang out on Sunday? I tried calling you five times, it's fucking 4 now, we agreed on earlier, I'm worried... y-you know what?! If you weren't into me, why not tell me sooner instead of just edging me along?! God... 

I hang up. 

Sera: FUCK!

Slam my head down in my pillow, throw a little lady tantrum on the bed. 

Sera: TO THINK, I-I liked him... why? 

Bao: Meow...

Sera: Bao... what did I do wrong? 

On the verge of crying, Bao gives me a little bit of insight. 

Bao: Meow!

Sera: Maybe... he didn't mean to stand me up? 

Bao: Mmmmph... mrrrowwmph... 

Bao hops up on the bed and starts rubbing against my hand. Oh, he's so good, cooling me down in the heat of relationship stress... little buddy just trying his best to console his mama. 

Sera: No, something's wrong... maybe he's working? 

Bao: Mew.

Sera: I'm going to go to Brighthammer HQ, you stay here and be a good kitty, okay? 

I set Bao down to do his business, get ready to head out, then beeline straight for the bus. Down the stairs, take a left, right to the stop, the bus shows up in no time. The bus takes me across town from my flat to a city park, next to Brighthammer. 

Let's hope they can let me in with no clearance at all other than, "Ummm... there's this boy and.... I like him... and he works here...", because I might be Seraphine, but to these people I'm just a busker. 

I head right inside the main entrance, right up to the receptionist at her desk. 

Sera: E-excuse me... 

Receptionist: Hello, welcome to Brighthammer Incorporated! How can I help you? 

Sera: I'm looking for a... Y/N L/N. He hasn't been answering my calls, and I need to make sure he's okay. Tell him it's Seraphine, and he's concerned.

Receptionist: Now that you mention it... I didn't see him come in. 

She starts fiddling with her phone. Then, she rings for him, but then there's no answer. She gives up, then rings for someone else. 

Receptionist: Ezreal, you and Y/N are close, I see you guys with each other half the time, do you know where he is? He isn't returning his calls and I have a... wonderful, pink hair lady, Seraphine, here asking for him. 

I hear chattering and then a hang up, meaning this "Ezreal", is in a panic too. Moments later Ezreal reveals himself, he's the wavy blonde-hair guy I had a crush on just like Y/N. Oh no.

Ezreal: Oh, hey... it is you! You're Seraphine! Okay, good, have you seen Y/N? 

Sera: No, I was supposed to be meeting with him today for a date! He hasn't picked up his calls, I'm scared, I'm afraid somethig might've happened. He had his live demonstration Saturday-

Ezreal: But he was supposed to be back Sunday... and we got no word from Noxus or anything... huh. Alright, come with me, I know who to talk to. This isn't a police matter; this is a government matter now. 

Ezreal takes me into the elevator, and we ride it straight up to the top floor, where I see... the most cliche boss floor ever. Receptionist that lets us by, and then a big open area with two offices, one for the COO, and one for the CEO, Jayce Talis.