Chapter 004 Thorns

Ye Chuyan's dry eye sockets were filled with soreness again, and her eyes seemed to be covered with a trace of mist.

No wonder Pei Xiuyan never divorced his wife even though he knew it was extremely difficult for her to conceive. She thought that Pei Xiuyan still loved her, apparently he had no choice but to do so.

The Queen Mother's aunt, who was least optimistic about her marrying Pei Xiuyan at first, actually arranged everything in advance for her own happiness.

She clenched her hands and said word by word: "Pei Xiuyan, I didn't know about the oath. The Queen Mother's aunt has passed away. It was me who proposed the divorce. No matter what kind of poisonous oath you made, I am willing to bear all the retribution. If there is any hell, I’m in!”

Seeing that Ye Chuyan determined for divorce, Pei Xiuyan inexplicably raised a fire of ignorance, "What if I don't allow it?"

Ye Chuyan has now given up and does not want to have an affair with Pei Xiuyan.

She said coldly: "Pei Xiuyan, don't forget, there is the Hou Guogong's Mansion behind me. Peace and separation are both good for you and me. Don't let me cause trouble to the death!"

At this moment, Ye Chuyan's angry eyes were as bright as flames.

Pei Xiuyan was so shocked by the light in Ye Chuyan's eyes that his heart skipped a beat. The famous legitimate daughter of the Ye family was back again.

From the moment he married Ye Chuyan, he had been waiting day and night for Ye Chuyan to take the initiative to propose a divorce, so that he could give Zhao Yujiao an upright identity.

But no matter what he did to Ye Chuyan, Ye Chuyan would accept everything and never mention the word ‘divorce’.

Now, when this moment really came, he felt inexplicably irritable and flustered.

Pei Xiuyan didn't know what was wrong with him, he just thought that he was so angry that he lost his mind at Ye Chuyan's words of ‘divorce’.

He bowed down and whispered in Ye Chuyan's ear with a smile but not a smile: "Ye Chuyan, you just want to reconcile, who do you think you are? Even if you die in this life, you will die in the Qing Palace!"

After he finished speaking, he strode out of the room.

He sternly said to the servants outside the courtyard: "The princess is injured and needs to rest. Except for the doctor and the personal maid, no one else is allowed to disturb the princess' rest. No one is allowed to enter or leave the princess's residence without my instructions! No one is allowed to pass the news to the prince's palace!"

He didn't want Ye Chuyan to use Duke Hou's power to force him to reconcile, so grounding her was the best way.

The news quickly spread throughout the palace.

Pei Xiuyan has never been to Ye Chuyan's yard since the day she was banned. Everyone said that the prince completely hated the princess this time.

Zhao Yujiao was delighted when she heard the news.

Every time Pei Xiuyan came to see her, she would gently advise Pei Xiuyan not to get angry with Ye Chuyan. Although there was worry on her face, she felt very happy in her heart.

She looked at her injured leg and felt that everything was worth it.

Zhao Yujiao waited until her legs healed and persuaded Pei Xiuyan to divorce his wife, so that she would no longer need to be a concubine but would become a princess directly.

Half a month passed unknowingly. Ye Chuyan had been practicing martial arts since she was a child, so her bone injuries healed very quickly. Although the rib injuries were not completely healed, getting out of bed and walking was no longer a problem.