Chapter 030 Bloody

The white paper is full of Pei Xiuyan's crimes.

From the forcible tax increase to the confiscation of the homes of several aristocratic families in Jingdu in the past ten years, to the imprisonment of several confidants left by the Queen Mother, Pei Xiuyan's handiwork is behind every detail.

The dirty things are clearly written in the white paper.

Pei Xiuyan held his white leather hand behind his back and walked around the leading scholar.

"Zhang Puyu, if I remember correctly, you are the second son of Zhang Qingman, the Minister of Punishment. You have just turned 20 this year and are not yet married. You have been tutored by Ye Jin in your homework."

Zhang Puyu didn't expect Pei Xiuyan to know him and was a little panicked for a moment.

"Pei Gou, I am responsible for all the work. This matter has nothing to do with the Zhang family. If you have any problem, come to me!"

Pei Xiuyan looked up to the sky and laughed.

He turned to the others, pointed at one of them and said: "Yuan Dianju, you were a Jinshi in the fifth year of Deyuan Dynasty. You once served as magistrate of Pingcheng County. Because you couldn't stand the court's increase in taxes and failed to plead for the people, you resigned in anger. Now you rely on makes a living by selling calligraphy and painting, has no wife and children, and has a seriously ill grandmother at home.”

Yuan Dianju's face turned pale instantly when his name was called.

Pei Xiuyan pointed to another scholar and continued: "Liu Zhu, your hometown is from Five Counties of Yangzhou. You failed to pass the exam last autumn. You have a three-year-old daughter at home. Currently, you make a living by spinning cloth with your wife in Jingdu. Before you want to do justice for heaven, have you ever considered your wife and daughter at home?”

He told the name and family background of each scholar one by one. After finishing speaking, he said sharply:

"When I was dealing with the Ye family, I once said that anyone who pleads for the Ye family will be guilty of the same crime! Now it is such a pity that all the children in your family will be buried with you!"

The scholars present felt as if their muscles and bones had been ripped away.

Some of them were Ye Jin's disciples, and some were favoured by Ye Jin. They relied on justice in their hearts to avenge the Ye family, and never thought of retreat.

Now that Pei Xiuyan discovered the matter before it was completed and was charged with the same crime, a storm surged through their heart.

They are not afraid of death, but they cannot harm their families.

Zhang Puyu is the leader of this group of people, and he paid twice price for these things.

He knew that nothing could be done now, so he said to Pei Xiuyan: "I did everything by myself, and they just obeyed my orders. Kill or chop them as you please, and let them live."

Pei Xiuyan glanced at Zhang Puyu coldly and found that his eyes were clear, neither humble nor arrogant, and not afraid of life and death. He had a bit of Ye Jin's legacy, and he couldn't help but praise him secretly in his heart.

He just said with a joking face: "Oh? If I let them go, how can you guarantee that they will not bite me?"

Zhang Puyu looked at everyone and was stunned for a moment.

Pei Xiuyan was very interested in watching the fight between trapped animals.

"I am in a very good mood today. You kill yourself in front of them now, let them remember that they have shouldered your life, and swear in the name of Saint Kong that you will never pursue my case in the future. I will let them go."