Chapter 032 Heartless

Ye Chuyan didn't know what Yan Qi meant, thinking that he should report something urgent to Pei Xiuyan, so she simply took Bai Zhi to find a nearby pavilion and sit down leisurely.

Bai Zhi immediately said: "Princess, this pavilion is well ventilated from all sides. Please let me go find a Tangbao for you."

"No need, my body has recovered and the cold can't hurt me yet."

Bai Zhi was unwilling to give in. "Princess, the dress you are wearing today is a bit thin. I am really worried about it."

Ye Chuyan couldn't refuse Bai Zhi's kindness and nodded in agreement.

After Bai Zhi left, Ye Chuyan looked around. Most of the eunuchs and maids in the palace were in Hanyuan Hall today. The path to the Imperial Garden was sparsely populated. The pavilion was surrounded by pine trees, which made it extremely quiet.

It's really a nice and quiet place.

"Young Master Wu, wait for me." A woman's gasping voice came from the distance, as if she was out of breath.

"How many times have I told you not to follow me anymore?!" Wu Mu's voice was full of impatience.

"But...but...Sister Yuelin asked me to follow you closely in the palace." The woman felt aggrieved.

"Who told you to go with me! Zhang Xiuyu, why are you so annoying like a dog-skin plaster? It's shameless to follow me like this!"

Wu Mu's taunt made the woman burst into tears.

Following the sound of panicked footsteps, one could clearly hear the woman running away crying.

Since that day, Wu Mu's heartbroken eyes have appeared in Ye Chuyan's dreams every day. Hearing his voice again today, Ye Chuyan, who was sitting in the pavilion, felt mixed emotions in her heart.

Fortunately, it was getting dark now, so Wu Mu shouldn't be able to see her while standing on the path.

After a long time, Wu Mu's footsteps gradually moved away.

Just as Ye Chuyan breathed a sigh of relief, a blue figure suddenly jumped down from the pavilion.

Ye Chuyan subconsciously shouted: "Xiao Mumu, this is the palace, you can't be so reckless."

"Ayan, are you worried about me? I know you have me in your heart."

Wu Mu today wore a sapphire blue brocade-embellished robe with a white jade belt around his waist and a cyan gilt crown on his head. He had thin pieces of hair hanging down on both sides, and his whole body was filled with the unique unruly and free spirit of a young man.

His bright eyes looked at Ye Chuyan, as if there were endless stars in the sky.

Ye Chuyan didn't dare to look directly at Wu Mu, so she stood up and left.

Wu Mu went up and grabbed Ye Chuyan's sleeve.

"Ayan, I have been thinking during this time that you are not a daughter-in-law. You must hate Pei Xiuyan extremely now."

"I heard that Pei Xiuyan is in charge of the exile of the female members of the Ye family. After thinking about it, it must be because of this that you stay with him, right?"

Ye Chuyan was suddenly startled.

She secretly tried hard to put away Wu Mu's hand, but Wu Mu held on tightly.

Ye Chuyan said sternly: "Young Master Wu, you are overthinking it. I stayed in the Qing Palace because I admired the prince, nothing more. The Ye family collaborated with the enemy and betrayed the country, and the Qing King spared the lives of the Ye family's female family members, which is an act of mercy beyond the law. I have always been grateful, why should I hate him?"