Chapter 033 Palace Banquet

Nan Gongli suddenly turned to look at Ye Chuyan, and his eyes met Ye Chuyan's in the air.

He raised the tea cup in his hand and nodded, making Ye Chuyan frown slightly.

Pei Xiuyan noticed that Ye Chuyan's expression was different, and followed her gaze to look towards Nan Gongli. Nan Gongli smiled gently at Pei Xiuyan.

Pei Xiuyan narrowed his eyes slightly and looked at him, but did not respond.

After the late emperor abolished the cabinet, the six ministries were put under the direct control of the emperor. Pei Xiuyan has always been superior to the six ministries in recent years. Zhang Qingman, the Shangshu of the Ministry of Punishment, is the most favoured official by the emperor. He sat below Nan Gongli.

He did not bring his wife today, but his eldest son Zhang Jing and his legitimate daughter Zhang Xiuyu.

Zhang Xiuyu sat feeling lost, her eyes a little lost. Zhang Jing seemed to be comforting her, and the two kept lowering their heads and whispering.

After Zhang Jing comforted her for a moment, his eyes were glued to Ye Chuyan's body like poisonous snakes, and he clenched his teeth and smiled silently.

"The Emperor has arrived——"

A high-pitched eunuch's voice penetrated the hustle and bustle in the hall and reached every corner. The entire Hanyuan Hall fell silent in an instant.

Pei Ye walked in, wearing a golden five-clawed dragon robe, with a beaded crown, a cinnabar mole between his eyebrows, and a phoenix-shaped figure like the Jade Emperor of the Heavenly Palace.

Behind him were several concubines, and the one at the front was Imperial Concubine Nan Gong Yuerong.

She was dressed in a crimson palace dress, and her original bright appearance was like a peony in full bloom, unparalleled in the world.

The women next to him were Pei Ye's favourite concubines. They stood beside Nan Gong Yuerong, looking much gloomier.

Everyone in the hall began to bow to the ground and salute, the momentum was shocking. “Long live my emperor, long live long live—”

Pei Ye was in a very good mood today. After waving everyone to get up, he lifted his robe and sat on the dragon chair.

Although Nan Gong Yuerong was not enthroned, because she was temporarily in charge of the phoenix seal, she was in the same position as the queen. She sat on the queen's phoenix chair, with several concubines sitting on both sides.

Pei Ye scanned the audience, nodded, and said in a majestic voice, "Let's begin..."

The personal eunuch waved his fly whisk and sang: "I respectfully invite Emperor Beirong Tianwu——"

Everyone looked at the door of Hanyuan Hall.

When Na Sheng appeared with more than a dozen envoys, even though some officials had already seen Na Sheng's face, they couldn't help but hold their breath when they saw him now.

He wore Beirong's unique black gold fur robe with silver piping. He was wearing a purple fox fur shawl, and the huge fur collar blocked part of his face.

The strange double eyes rolled like streams of light under the bright candlelight in the hall. There was a faint evil smile hanging on the corner of the mouth, and the whole person looked as evil and awe-inspiring as a ghost.

There was a timid palace maid who had never seen a person with double eyes of different colours, and she turned pale with fear.

He walked to the hall calmly, put one hand on his abdomen, and bowed slightly.