Chapter 026 Long time No See

The next day, when Ye Chuyan woke up, she found that her body was held by a big hand, and Pei Xiuyan had not left yet.

"Are you awake?" After a night's rest, Pei Xiuyan's slightly hoarse voice regained its previous clarity.

"Yeah." Ye Chuyan didn't want to talk too much to Pei Xiuyan. She planned to see Wu Mu today.

"Wash up and come out with me."

He felt the person in his arms stiffen, "What? Not willing?"

"No, it's just a bit unexpected." Ye Chuyan said mockingly.

After three years of marriage, Pei Xiuyan never went out with her except for palace banquets.

"You have to dress up for the palace banquet on the fifteenth day of the first lunar month. I will take you to Lan Yue Pavilion in a moment."

Lan Yue Pavilion is the largest garment manufacturing pavilion in Jingdu.

Ye Chuyan sneered in her heart. No wonder he took her to choose clothes in person. It turned out to be because he was afraid of losing the face of the Qing Palace in front of the people of Beirong.

After the two of them had washed up, Pei Xiuyan did not ask Bai Zhi to follow him. He only arranged for a boy from his courtyard to follow him, and asked Yan Qi to drive them out of the house.

After leaving the house, Ye Chuyan opened a corner of the carriage curtain and stared blankly at the bustling streets outside.

She couldn't remember how long it had been since she went out.

The last time she went out was to the execution ground.

In just a few dozen days, coming to the bustling streets again felt like a lifetime ago.

Pei Xiuyan was reading the paperwork. He looked up and saw Ye Chuyan looking sad, and said calmly: "Close the curtain, it is cold."

Ye Chuyan put down the curtain, picked up the tea cup on the tea table and took a sip. Pei Xiuyan lowered his head and continued to read the documents.

There is a cold breeze outside the carriage, and it is quiet and warm inside. If everyone didn't have their own thoughts, it would really be a quiet time.

In a blink of an eye, they arrived at the door of Lanyue Pavilion. Pei Xiuyan got out of the carriage first. Ye Chuyan was about to get out of the carriage when she saw Pei Xiuyan reaching out to her.

In front of everyone, she curled her lips, put her hand on Pei Xiuyan's, and let him lead her out of the carriage.

As soon as she got out of the carriage, Yan Qi whispered a few words to Pei Xiuyan. Pei Xiuyan's expression changed slightly and he said to Ye Chuyan, "I have something to do. I'll be right back."

Ye Chuyan wished that he would never come back. A faint smile appeared on her face, "Well..."

Pei Xiuyan raised his eyebrows, Ye Chuyan was quite well-behaved today. He also told the servant to take good care of the princess, and then left with Yan Qi.

As soon as Ye Chuyan entered the store, she heard a malicious greeting from behind. "Ah, isn't this Ye Chuyan, the legitimate daughter of Hou Guogong's family? Long time no see!"

"No, no, the Duke of Hou's Mansion is gone."

Ye Chuyan raised her eyes and saw two young women coming in, and couldn't help but laugh. They were all acquaintances.

Of these two women, one is Zhang Xiuling, the legitimate daughter of the Minister of Justice, and the other is Wu Mu's fourth sister, Wu Yuelin.

Wu Yuntai originally wanted to curry favour with Pei Xiuyan and wanted to marry Wu Yuelin to him. Unfortunately, Ye Chuyan got there first.