Chapter 39 Shut Up!

When Yan Qi saw Pei Xiuyan coming out of Yungan Hall, his eyes were dark and his body was full of coldness. He wanted to ask but didn't dare, so he could only follow him silently.

The leader of the Royal Forest Army was looking for Pei Xiuyan. After meeting him on the road, he went up to report:

"My lord, the maid who led the princess to Xuanyou Palace was found in a well next to the imperial garden. She has been dead for a long time."

When he saw Pei Xiuyan pursed his lips and said nothing, his eyebrows were cold, and he thought he was dissatisfied with his failure in doing things.

He had no choice but to bite the bullet and continue: "Your Majesty, the mysterious man that Young Master Wu saw seemed to have disappeared out of thin air. Please rest assured, Your Majesty, my subordinates will track down the clues as soon as possible."

Pei Xiuyan raised his head and glanced at the leader, suddenly feeling that all this was extremely ironic.

Now he can probably guess that this matter was probably planned by Na Sheng, who had been thinking about Ye Chuyan from the beginning.

First, they arranged for people to spy on Jiang Jiayuan, and now they arranged for people to kidnap Ye Chuyan, but they failed, so they went directly to Pei Ye to ask for her.

Now that the purpose has been made clear, that person will definitely not appear again.

His pursuit of Xuanyou Palace has no meaning anymore.

Over the years, he had lost count of how many dirty things he had done in private for Pei Ye.

Including matters concerning the Ye family. Pei Ye wanted to get rid of the Ye family, but even though he was unwilling, he still took action and planned the matter himself.

Now he went into the palace in the middle of the night to investigate Xuanyou Palace. Not only was he worried that someone would frame Ye Chuyan, but he was also worried that the Beirong man would sneak into the imperial army and harm Pei Ye.

No matter what, Ye Chuyan is his princess. Dancing barefoot is not enough, Pei Ye actually wants Ye Chuyan to commit herself to the enemy king for Dafeng.

Pei Xiuyan waved his hand and said: "I already know the result of this matter, there is no need to pursue it any further."

After a moment of surprise, the leader asked cautiously: "What about the list of the imperial guards?"

"No need!"

Pei Xiuyan dropped these words and walked away with Yan Pei.

The leader couldn't help but feel happy. Since there was no need to trace it, it meant that everything was over. Unexpectedly, this matter was settled so easily.

Back at the mansion, Pei Xiuyan stood outside Jiangjiayuan, looking at the plaque of Jiangjiayuan in a daze.

In the middle of the night, he was exposed even more deeply, and he couldn't bear it. "My lord, if you miss the princess, why don't you call the door?"

Pei Xiuyan shook his head, "No, let's go."

Pei Xiuyan locked himself in the study and burned the candle until dawn.

This night, no one fell asleep in Yunqian Hall and Prince Qing's Mansion.

The next day, the morning light was faint.

Zhao Yujiao asked Hongying to call Li Fu early in the morning.

After Li Fu entered the room, Zhao Yujiao screened away the others and said hurriedly: "What happened last night?"