Chapter 040 Fortunately

Pei Xiuyan had never been angry with Zhao Yujiao. His sudden scolding made Zhao Yujiao tremble and her lips turned completely white.

She lowered her head timidly, "Your Majesty... I'm sorry... Did I say the wrong thing... I... I..."

As she spoke, her tears were like broken beads, her eyes were instantly covered with a layer of mist, and her whole person was like a frightened deer, which made people feel pity for her.

Only then did Pei Xiuyan realize that he had just reprimanded Zhao Yujiao because he was angry with her for mentioning Ye Chuyan, and he felt regretful and irritated for a moment.

He took a breath and softened his expression and voice.

"Jiaojiao, be obedient and stop crying. It was my fault just now. I stayed up all night and there were a lot of things going on in the palace yesterday, so I am really not in a good mood today."

Zhao Yujiao secretly glanced at Pei Xiuyan while crying. Seeing that he had returned to his usual gentleness towards her, she sobbed and stopped crying.

She knew that Pei Xiuyan had feelings for Ye Chuyan. If something like this happened, she had to figure out how Pei Xiuyan would deal with Ye Chuyan.

So, she said very considerately: "Your Majesty, I just wanted to say that my sister was humiliated at the palace banquet. She has always been proud and arrogant. Will she be heartbroken and do something stupid? Your Majesty, you should go and see my sister."

Pei Xiuyan was distracted for a moment. No, after he expressed his feelings to Ye Chuyan yesterday, she would not do anything stupid.

However, he really wanted to see Ye Chuyan at this time.

Zhao Yujiao gently grabbed Pei Xiuyan's hand, "Your Majesty..."

Pei Xiuyan came back to his senses and looked at Zhao Yujiao. He saw that the corners of her eyes were slightly red, and she was still trying her best to restrain her grievances and persuaded him to comfort Ye Chuyan. She suddenly felt more guilty.

Zhao Yujiao is his savior, she is considerate and he feels pity for her. Why did he get angry with her just now?

He reached out and stroked Zhao Yujiao's pussy.

Zhao Yujiao lowered her head shyly and murmured: "Your Majesty——"

This sound is like a cat's meow, tickling people's hearts.

Pei Xiuyan held Zhao Yujiao in his arms, his voice a little tired.

"Jiaojiao, I've been busy with palace affairs during this time, and I haven't been with you for a long time. After seeing off the new Emperor Beirong, I'll take you hunting in the countryside, okay?"

These words made Zhao Yujiao completely relieved.

Just now, she was worried whether Pei Xiuyan was angry with her because he fell in love with Ye Chuyan.

Now she finds that even if Pei Xiuyan has a little affection for Ye Chuyan, it is still not as good as her position in Pei Xiuyan's heart.

So, she pushed Pei Xiuyan away, gently smoothed out the small wrinkles on her clothes, and said softly: "Your Highness, please wash up and go see my sister."

Pei Xiuyan nodded, arranged for someone to wash and change his clothes, and then went to Jijiayuan.

Zhao Yujiao watched Pei Xiuyan go from the study to Jiangjiayuan until he could no longer be seen, then she happily hurried back to her yard with Hongying.

Hongying was really puzzled and asked: "Miss Zhao, how can you persuade the prince to go to Jiangjiayuan?"

Zhao Yujiao was in a good mood and smiled sweetly. She asked back: "Do you think men prefer women who look at them with stern eyes, or do they prefer women who are gentle and considerate?"