Chapter 037 Explanation

Ye Chuyan woke up leisurely and saw Pei Xiuyan's slightly tired face.

"You're awake?"

The concern in his tone made Ye Chuyan slightly uncomfortable.

She looked around, "Is this the Imperial Medical Office?"

Pei Xiuyan nodded, "The imperial doctor said you were just comatose and nothing serious. You went out to look for Bai Zhi. Why did you end up comatose in Xuanyou Palace?"

Ye Chuyan didn't know what happened after she was unconscious. She was afraid that she would say the wrong thing and implicate Wu Mu, so she just said vaguely: "The palace maid took me near Xuanyou Palace, and I was knocked unconscious without warning."

Pei Xiuyan pursed his lips and thought.

When Ye Chuyan was in coma just now, Bai Zhi had been found.

When Bai Zhi went to get the wine, her clothes were scratched by a wild cat that suddenly ran out. She didn't dare to wear rags to serve at the palace banquet, so she found an acquaintance of the palace maid to change clothes.

On the way back to Hanyuan Hall, she met the Imperial Forest Army, and then she knew that something had happened to Ye Chuyan.

Pei Xiuyan connected the things together and had a rough idea.

Someone wants to harm Ye Chuyan. After attracting Bai Zhi, he used Bai Zhi to lure Ye Chuyan away, knocking her out and resisting. The man carrying Ye Chuyan happened to be seen by Wu Mu, who wanted to find out what was going on, but was stabbed.

Who is behind all this?

All he could think of was the dark figure peeping at Jiang Jiayuan. Only that person had such skill, he could knock Ye Chuyan unconscious and stab Wu Mu.

Seeing Pei Xiuyan's serious expression, Ye Chuyan asked, "How did you find me?"

Pei Xiuyan recounted what Wu Mu just said.

Ye Chuyan felt as if there was a storm in her heart, but she didn't dare to show it on her face.

She instantly understood Wu Mu’s purpose.

In such a situation, Wu Mu couldn't run away when the Royal Forest Army was outside, so he deliberately stabbed himself for her, so that he could avoid interrogation and questioning.

He would not let others suspect that she and Wu Mu were related.

He can also blame the whole thing on the mysterious man carrying the woman.

Ever since she decided to go to hell with Pei Xiuyan, she thought she would have no more joy or sorrow. Even if she danced the sword barefoot today, she would soon calm down after being sad.

But why does Wu Mu, a fool, always make her want to cry?

How can she repay Wu Mu's love for her in this life?

Pei Xiuyan kept staring at Ye Chuyan carefully and saw that her expression was calm and untroubled.

He asked unhurriedly: "Are you going to see Young Master Wu? If he hadn't come to help today, the Royal Forest Army wouldn't have found you by chance."

Ye Chuyan knew that Pei Xiuyan had been successfully misled by Wu Mu. He didn't know that the person behind the scenes was targeting her and Wu Mu, and thought he was only targeting her.

She narrowed her eyes and said calmly: "No, Young Master Wu accidentally followed me to Xuanyou Palace out of curiosity. He didn't mean to save me, so there is no need to thank him."