Chapter 048 Awareness

In Jiangjiayuan, Ye Chuyan was lying on the bed in a daze, saying nothing.

Bai Zhi kept comforting her: "Princess, you must not take those people's words to heart."

Ye Chuyan said: "Bai Zhi, I have nothing to do. You go find Yan Qi and ask him to tell the prince to come to Jiangjiayuan for dinner in the evening."

In this world, except for her mother and the others who were exiled on the frontier, she had nothing to lose and nothing to care about. She really didn't take what those women said to heart.

Bai Zhi was puzzled, but she did as she was told. She didn't find Yan Qi outside the study room. Pei Xiuyan heard the noise and came out to see her. He thought something happened to Ye Chuyan and immediately frowned and asked.

Bai Zhi bravely told Pei Xiuyan that the princess invited him to have dinner in the evening, and Pei Xiuyan decisively agreed.

In the afternoon, Ye Chuyan wanted to use the small kitchen of Jiangjiayuan to cook. Bai Zhi felt very distressed when she saw Ye Chuyan cooking with one hand. She couldn't dissuade her again and again, so she had to bring other servants in to help.

The sun sets and night begins to rise.

Ye Chuyan sat in the house and waited quietly for Pei Xiuyan's arrival, and Pei Xiuyan arrived as promised.

His originally cold face suddenly softened after entering Jiangjiayuan.

In the room, warm candles flickered and the food was fragrant. Ye Chuyan was sitting at the table, applying makeup with a smile on her face.

"Your Majesty, I have personally prepared some side dishes that you like. Please wash your hands and enjoy your meal."

Pei Xiuyan's originally agitated heart suddenly calmed down, and he felt an incredible sense of stability.

Ye Chuyan never cooked in the Ye family. After getting married, she washed her hands and made soup for him. Knowing that he doesn't like ginger and garlic, she will carefully pick out the ginger, garlic and other fishy substances in the cooked dishes.

Remember every detail of his taboos. In the past, he only occasionally enjoyed a few bites.

Since Ye Chuyan had a miscarriage, she has never cooked for him again.

Today, when he smelled the aroma of these vegetables again, he couldn't help but raise the corners of his lips and scolded her warmly: "Ayan, your hands are injured, why you are cooking by yourself?"

After saying that, he took Ye Chuyan's hand and looked at it. Fortunately, the bandage on it was acceptable and the wound was not touched.

"Don't touch these things again until your injury heals."

Ye Chuyan smiled lightly, "My lord, you sacrificed your life to protect me today, I..."

Pei Xiuyan hugged Ye Chuyan to his chest and sounded a little sad. "Ayan, what are you talking about?"

He just hate that he wasn't good enough to her before, but now he knows how to protect her.

He sniffed at the back of her neck. There was an indescribable fragrance on Ye Chuyan's body, which was not like the vulgar powder smell outside.

He had no feeling for this smell before, but now he smelled it and it was particularly intoxicating.

Why didn't he realize her goodness before? She had done so many things for him, but he turned a blind eye. Damn it.

Fortunately, after going through so much, she still loved him and stayed by his side.

He was thankful that he had spent several hours planning in the study in the afternoon and finally found a way to deal with Pei Ye.