New Beginnings

It had been the same for the past few days, I would only leave my bed to eat. The haunting image of Jenna falling is in my mind and it's stuck there on a loop. I can't do this anymore, I know I have to get up, I know I have to eat. But I just can't feel the energy to do so.

Jenna was not one of my close friends, at one point we despised each other actually, but we met when we were four or five so I have known this person for twelve years and I know people liked her, maybe even loved her because she was such a bright star in everyone's life. The funereal is today and I've been asked to say the speech and I was only asked because I was the last person she spoke to, well me and Eddie but he's like Katy and can't cope with the stress of stuff like this.

Katy, is in a worse state than me, she hardly ever eats and wont talk to anyone. She got it in her head that it's all her fault and if she hadn't came barging in then this never would have happened. But I know in the back of my head that it would've. That I don't think we could've stopped it, what Rebecca had said to her made her give up all hope, and that's not right, nor fair. Why should this one person get the opportunity to dictate our lives to say what she thinks of us, when we don't do it ourselves. When a person says they wish that the person had said that to their face, I don't think they know the brutality of this. You can see the facial expressions on them, how they can just say this to and not care. I think this is a lot worse than cyberbullying.

My door creaks open and Will pokes his head in,

"Hey princess" He said softly, ever since that day they've been treating me like I'm made of glass, well I'm not.

"Hi" I said moodily, lying back on my bed. He sat down at the edge of my bed,

"You ready for tomorrow?" He asked, I shook my head.

"I don't think anyone is" I said truthfully, all of the juniors had a month off and the rest of the school had to keep on going though. He pulled me onto his lap,

"You don't need to go back" He said,

"I kinda have to" I said and he sighed,

"After Christmas smartass" He said,

"I'd like that" I whispered, Will kissed the top of my head.

"Come downstairs" He whispered, I nodded and he smiled this big goofy smile and cheered picking me up over his shoulder and running downstairs with me like that.

"She came down" Mike shouts and everyone cheers. I smile and sit down in my seat helping myself to some pizza. They're acting like everything is normal and that makes it feel like nothing has happened. Except it has, and the way they continue to eye at me like I'm about o crack is getting tiring.

"I'm done" I said pushing back my chair, "I'm going to bed"

When I walk into my room, I leave out a black skater dress with black stilettos and tights. Tomorrow's going to be hard.