Puzzle Pieces

Fire sirens echoed around everywhere, where was I. Shakily I stood up, looking around, red, orange, yellow was all I could see, I felt my lungs start to seize up and the smoke was clouding my vision. I need to get out of here, quickly but how. I ran and ran trying to find and exit but it was no use, my head started spinning and I willed myself to stay awake but it was no use, a gigantic piece of metal crashed down in front of me, I let out a small yelp and fell to the ground. I've never felt so alone.

24 hours earlier

Everything puzzled me right now, why does all this happen to us, I mean we have done nothing and I'm pretty positive the police are blaming me and Eddie for Jenna's death, just because Rebecca has a famous relative, I got up and dressed for school quickly and smartly.

"Morning" I singsonged walking downstairs, Eddie was standing there he was driving me to school everyday for the past week. Rebecca hasn't spoken another word to me since last week and it should reassure me but it doesn't what is she planning if anything at all. So many questions and we have none of the answers, the only information that we have is the stuff that Jenna gave us. We walked out to the car and sat down,

"Amy you ok you seem out of it" Eddie asked looking over at me,

"Yeah I think I've got a test today" I said as we pulled up to the school, I walked in my mind on it for the full day.

"Hansel and Gretel left breadcrumbs in their trail so they would find their way back is there anything else this could hint to?" Mrs Graham asked, Mia put up her hand.

"They left clues stating where they were so that other people could find them right in front of their eyes" Mia said

"Correct, this happens a lot a person will leave clues and the person who is trying to find them will be stupid and not find them" Mrs Graham said, my eyes widened that's it, Jenna left a trail inside the other clues. The bell rang for last period and I ran up to the girls as we walked out of the class.

"We're going back to yours" I said to Katy, they all looked at me in confusion and we all piled into the car.

"Why?" Katy asked,

"We missed something big and it only just came to me" I said not going into detail until I knew that no one could hear us. When we pulled up to Katy's I ran straight up to her bedroom only saying hello to her parents. When I reached her room, I heard footsteps coming up from behind me I knew it was the girls.

"Amy what is it?" Paola asked urgently, they all probably thought I was on drugs or something the way I was acting, but I knew I had uncovered something. I pulled out the brown box that was under Katy's bed. I opened it and searched through it, nothing. My mind searched back to when I was seven and read the Famous Five books and there was a false bottom. I pushed on the bottom of the box and it moved.

"Whoa" Katy gasped sitting beside me,

"Can I have something to pull it up with a screwdriver, knife?" I asked,

"Here" Mia said handing me a pair of scissors, I jabbed it open and there was a recording file in it. I picked up the voice recorder and removed the original one and replaced it.