Chapter 24

Celebration: HOI4 Official Japanese Support Commemoration.

- Alexei Seizon BOT Ojisan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 15, 1963, 22:00

Lotus Garden, Political Council, Principality of Qua-Toyne

For the Political Council, it was very unusual to hold discussions and debates in the meeting room until late at night. However, the results of the annihilation of the Lourian Eastern Conquest Fleet by the Imperial Japanese Navy were beyond imagination.

The fact that a fleet as large as 4.400 ships and 250 wyverns were unilaterally devastated without any damage on the side of the Imperial Japanese Navy was extraordinary in this battle. Consequently, there were incessant inquiries to Brueye, the observing military officer aboard the flagship Yamato, regarding the abnormal battle report.

"So, are you saying that such a large fleet was annihilated by the Japanese attacks?"

"Yes, without a doubt... I personally witnessed it, and the combat result report confirms it as well."

"It's written that within about 30 seconds of firing from the Yamato's main guns, 250 tightly packed wyvern riders were wiped out in one shot... Is it really possible to achieve such complete annihilation?"

"Yes, they used anti-aircraft shells when switching the main guns. Additionally, considering that it took only about 30 seconds from loading to firing a shell, we believe it was a considerable threat considering its power."

Brueye's report described the extraordinary power of the shells and their effects. Even if wyvern riders densely clustered together were shot down by magical attacks like fireballs, at most five would be hit by one attack.

The report of 250 of them being wiped out in one shot was truly nothing short of a terrifying attack.

Discussing the results of using anti-aircraft shells took over fifty minutes, and then the exchange with Brueye continued regarding the report of the destruction of the 4.400 ships.

"So... may I hear the report of the fleet's destruction?"

"Yes, first, due to the bombardment by the Yamato's shells, more than 30 ships were shattered along with water splashes with each shot, and even ships that managed to evade the attacks from the Yamato, fell mercilessly to the attacks by iron wyverns launched from the aircraft carrier... it was as if ships were disintegrating like fireworks exploding while advancing through the eruptions of an underwater volcano."

The destruction of the fleet was thorough, resulting in tremendous losses for the Lourian navy.

The bombardment by the 46-centimeter guns of the Yamato and Musashi caused wooden ships like galleys to break apart just from the blast pressure, engulfing numerous ships and smashing them on the sea surface. Those near the impact zone turned into pieces of flesh, and even those farther away died from debris flying in with the blast pressure. By the time of the attack with 30 shells, one-third of the entire fleet had either sunk or sustained some form of damage.

Amidst the already chaotic command caused by the artillery fire, the Eastern Conquest Fleet sank in an instant to attacks by machine guns and aerial bombs from carrier-based aircraft, with huge water columns erupting from the sea. Despite calls for help, there were no ships displaying white flags of surrender, thus, except for the 150 ships at the rear of the retreating fleet, all were sunk by the unilateral Japanese attacks.

It was truly a massacre. Without any barriers, they trampled easily.

The 250 wyvern riders and the 4.400 ships... all were being decimated by military technology that evolved without using magic...

According to Brueye's explanation, it was like crushing ants swarming on the ground underfoot. When the Japanese mentioned that this battle was "as easy as the military exercises before coming to this world, if not easier," the Political Council members all choked on their words.

"...So, despite achieving such remarkable results, it was comparable to a mere... exercise?"

"What kind of battles did they have in that country before coming to this world...? It's as if the nation itself is accustomed to war..."

"You're right... I also heard from Admiral Itō that the Japanese Empire, before coming to this world, was a nation with the largest population in the world, with a population of around 1 billion including puppet states, and it had the world's second-largest economy... Moreover, it was said to be the leader of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere."

"A billion... people? I heard they had around 100 million before, but is this not a mistake?"

"No, the figure of 100 million refers only to the population on the Japanese Empire's transferred mainland. As for the remaining 900 million, they were said to be in colonies and puppet states of the original world."

A superpower with a population of 1 billion... Considering that it was also once the second largest in terms of economic power in the world, Prime Minister Kanata understood why the Japanese side had been so assertive.

It was because of the population and industrial capacity that produced such economic power. Even if territories outside the mainland disappeared, many production facilities were still operating within the country. Furthermore, Brueye conveyed to the members of the Political Council the story he heard from Admiral Itō about how the Japanese Empire had established its position as a military state.

"In their world, they had experienced a war that engulfed the world until 18 years ago, and the military technology developed during that time is still actively improved... Also, they mentioned that besides Japan, there were other countries like Germany and the United States in conflict, preparing for war."

"...So, they experienced a major war in the past and then remained in a state of tension with other superpowers, with millions of soldiers always prepared for total war...?"

Among the members of the Political Council, many were sweating profusely upon hearing this report. Most of them were those who had raised objections to Japan's methods even within the Political Council, urging Prime Minister Kanata to maintain a tough stance.

They understood that Japan could easily conquer Qua-Toyne without hesitation. They realized that Japan had been a superpower nation significant enough to be called an empire, and it was a country capable of mass mobilization on the scale of millions without difficulty. Fundamentally, the societal structure of the Principality of Qua-Toyne was unimaginable from the history it had traversed.

After listening to Brueye's report, the Political Council concluded with each member feeling a chilling sensation down their spine, fully accepting Japan-led military operation plans and designating the detailed final report of the Naval Battle of Rodenius prepared by Brueye as a classified document, securing Prime Minister Kanata's approval, and concluding the meeting.

The Monstrous Sun.