Chapter 9: Protect the King

Let's aim for 30-40 votes

3rd

"How do you know that?" Yasaka questioned, her confusion evident in her tone as she sought to understand the basis of the boy's knowledge.

The boy shook his head dismissively. "That doesn't matter," he replied cryptically, his attention shifting towards Yasaka's stomach. "However, for your baby's sake, I recommend you stay out of my way," he advised his words carrying a veiled threat.

Yasaka's worry deepened at the implication, but she shook her head resolutely. "No," she stated firmly, her resolve unwavering. "I vowed to protect my husband when he is unable to, at our wedding."

The boy's lips curled into a disdainful smirk as he regarded Yasaka with contempt. "Protecting your husband, huh? Seems like a Youkai with delusions of grandeur," he taunted, his words laced with mockery.

Yasaka bristled at the insult, her jaw tightening in response to the boy's disparaging remarks. "You know nothing about me or my dedication to my family," she retorted, her voice tinged with anger and defiance.

The boy merely chuckled condescendingly, unfazed by Yasaka's defiance. "Oh, I'm sure your little vows make all the difference," he sneered, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "But in the end, you're just another Youkai clinging to an illusion of importance."

Yasaka's fists clenched at her sides, her patience wearing thin in the face of the boy's relentless insults. But she refused to stoop to his level, instead holding her ground with quiet determination, her resolve unshaken by his words.

"I won't repeat myself. Back away from my husband," Yasaka spoke slowly, her voice dripping with cold determination as she issued her warning.

The boy, undeterred by Yasaka's icy tone, continued to move his hand towards Ayanokoji. However, to his surprise, Yasaka swiftly teleported behind him and grabbed his wrist in a firm grip.

"Teleportation, huh?" the boy mused, acknowledging Yasaka's abilities with a hint of admiration despite the situation

Yasaka applied pressure to the boy's wrist, causing him to grunt in pain. In retaliation, he formed a fist with his free hand and aimed it towards her stomach. Sensing the danger, Yasaka quickly released her hold and teleported a few distances away, narrowly avoiding the incoming attack.

"Smart choice," the boy remarked casually, his expression betraying no remorse for his actions.

Yasaka gritted her teeth in frustration. "Bastard, how could you go so low?" she growled, her anger simmering beneath the surface.

He simply shrugged, a smug smirk playing on his lips. "I warned you, didn't I?" he replied nonchalantly

"I'll deal with you first," the boy grinned menacingly, his eyes glinting with determination as he dashed towards Yasaka, his intent clear.