Chapter 20: Parents Day

More votes = more motivation 

"Hi, Dad!"

Ayanokoji kept walking, ignoring the voice behind him.

"Dad, I'm talking to you!"

'Who left their daughter here?' Ayanokoji thought with a sigh, quickening his pace.

"Father, this is urgent!"

'Great, another one,' he thought, his irritation growing as he continued walking.

Suddenly, an aura ball struck the back of his head, causing him to stop and turn around, eyes narrowed. He saw a young girl beaming at him, with a boy standing beside her, looking slightly smug.

"Finally, nice one, Shirou," the girl said happily, running up to Ayanokoji and hugging his leg.

Ayanokoji stared at the children, 'They can't be older than eight or nine,' he thought. "Can I help you?" he asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

The girl looked up at him with wide, adoring eyes. "I'm so glad it worked! I'm excited that I can see you again, Dad!"

"Illyasviel, stop talking," Shirou said, his tone serious.

Ayanokoji sighed, his irritation giving way to confusion. "Why do you keep calling me Dad? Who are you?"

"We're your children!" Illyasviel stated with a determined smile.

Ayanokoji shook his head. "No, you must be mistaken."

"Nope," Illyasviel said, hugging him tighter. "Where's Mom?"

Shirou stepped forward. "We are your kids."

Ayanokoji looked at Illyasviel and thought, 'She looks very similar to Irisviel' then at Shirou, 'and we both have the same eye color.'

"Who are you?" Ayanokoji asked

Illyasviel nodded, breaking off from the hug and smiling brightly. "I am Illyasviel Von Ayanokoji!"

"And I am Shirou Gremory Ayanokoji," the boy answered.

Ayanokoji sighed, rubbing his temples. "Gremory and Von, huh?"

He muttered to himself, "It's time to wake up."

"I can assure you you're not dreaming, Father," Shirou stated blankly.

Ayanokoji stared at them, trying to process the information. "If what you're saying is true, why are you here?"

Illyasviel's expression turned serious. "We're here to warn you about a danger you're going to face."

Shirou then elbowed Illyasviel. "We can't say too much, big bro Kiritsugu is already going to be mad."

"I don't care, Dad has to know!" Illyasviel insisted.

Ayanokoji asked, "Know what?"

"You die," Illyasviel said with a saddened look.