Chapter 15: Arise

Let's vote this up, it helps motivate me

3rd POV

Scathach and Roygun were in the midst of starting their duel in the backyard, with Lavinia, Raynare, Kalawarner, and Kuroka watching from the sidelines. The atmosphere was charged with anticipation.

"I finally understand now," Scathach said, her eyes narrowing as she assessed Roygun.

Roygun raised an eyebrow, curious. "Hm?"

"The reason why I couldn't sense Kiyotaka's presence is because you have a spell that erases his presence and blocks off any clairvoyant abilities," Scathach confidently deduced.

Roygun smirked and nodded, impressed by Scathach's keen insight. "That's correct. After a previous incident, we had to take precautions to ensure something like that wouldn't happen again."

"So you erase his presence, protecting him from his enemies?" Scathach asked, her tone a mix of curiosity and respect.

"Precisely," Roygun confirmed. "It's a necessary measure given the threats he faces."

Scathach just nodded.

"Indeed," Roygun continued, her voice carrying an air of confidence. "I heard Kiyo is the only person to have best you in a duel."

"Yeah," Scathach confirmed with a slight nod.

Roygun smirked, a glint of anticipation in her eyes. "Well, prepare to add one more to the list," she declared, gracefully removing her cloak and unsheathing her sword in one fluid motion.

"We'll see," Scathach replied calmly, her demeanor unwavering as she drew her own Excalibur.

Without hesitation, Roygun charged straight in, her determination evident in every step. Meanwhile, Scathach remained composed, summoning illusion clones with her sword to meet Roygun's advance.

"That's like Kalawarner's Inhuman ability," Raynare observed, her attention focused on the intricate dance unfolding before her

"Indeed," Kalawarner murmured, her gaze fixed on the duel with keen interest.

Scathach's illusion clones danced around Roygun, creating a dizzying array of movements that made it difficult for Roygun to discern the real Scathach from the copies. Meanwhile, Roygun focused on maintaining her composure and analyzing the situation.

"Interesting," Roygun remarked, her eyes darting between the clones. "But I've faced illusions before."

With a swift motion, Roygun unleashed a barrage of attacks, slicing through the illusions with precision. Each strike was calculated, aimed at finding the real Scathach amidst the chaos. However, Scathach's clones moved with uncanny agility, making it challenging for Roygun to land a decisive blow.

As the duel intensified, the air crackled with energy, and the sounds of clashing swords echoed through the backyard. The onlookers watched in awe as two formidable warriors engaged in a battle of skill and strategy.