Chapter 10: Rating Game

Let's aim for 30-40 votes for this one

3rd POV

As Kuroka descended the stairs, Akeno's gaze fell upon her, who was adjusting her robe as she made her way down.

"How long will he be sleeping?" Akeno inquired, her concern evident in her voice.

Kuroka shrugged nonchalantly. "Yasaka said it could take a while," she replied casually.

"Huh?" Akeno's confusion deepened at the unexpected response.

Kuroka raised an eyebrow, noticing Akeno's puzzled expression. "What?" she prompted, her curiosity piqued.

"How long is Kiyotaka's nap?" Akeno inquired, her concern lacing her words.

Kuroka's expression shifted to one of perplexity. "Nap? Did you not hear?" she responded, her brow furrowing in confusion.

Akeno shook her head, her worry growing with each passing moment. "Hear what?" she pressed, her voice tinged with apprehension.

With a resigned sigh, Kuroka motioned for Akeno to follow her upstairs

As Akeno entered the room, her breath caught in her throat at the sight of Kiyotaka lying in bed, connected to various medical apparatuses, including an IV.

Gasping deeply, Akeno feared the worst, her mind racing with thoughts of what could have happened to him. Sensing her distress, Kuroka spoke up, her voice gentle yet reassuring.

"Don't worry," Kuroka began, her tone soothing. "He's undergoing a healing process. The IV and other equipment are necessary to monitor his condition and ensure he gets the nutrients he needs."

Akeno's anxiety began to ease slightly at Kuroka's explanation, though concern still lingered in her eyes as she gazed at Kiyotaka's prone form.

Akeno's eyes widened in shock at a realization. "How long was he like this?!" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with worry.

Kuroka paused, considering Akeno's question. "Hmm, I think about 2 days," she replied, her tone thoughtful.

Akeno's mind raced with concern and confusion. 'Who was that boy then, that came to my home?' she wondered, her thoughts consumed by unanswered questions.

Her reverie was abruptly interrupted when she noticed Yasaka emerging from the bathroom wiping her mouth

"Pregnancy sucks, huh," Kuroka remarked casually, prompting a nod of agreement from Yasaka.

"He's due in 2 more months, Kunou gonna be a big sister soon," Yasaka added with a smile, her maternal pride evident.

"Taka will be happy to hear," Kuroka replied, returning the smile with warmth.

Akeno blinked, momentarily taken aback by the conversation's sudden shift in tone. "Oh, hello, Akeno dear. What brings you here?" Yasaka greeted her kindly, breaking the silence.

Before Akeno could answer, Roygun and Kiryuin entered the room with a sense of urgency. "We need to have a meeting," Roygun announced, her tone serious.

Kuroka glanced back at the departing figures. "I noticed that their presence is gone," she observed.

"Yeah, they retreated. What a bunch of wusses," Kiryuin chuckled dismissively.

Roygun nodded in agreement. "Kuroka and Akeno, since you're here, please come down," she instructed, gesturing for them to follow her and Kiryuin. As they began to leave, Yasaka suddenly reached out and grabbed Akeno's wrist

Yasaka's comforting words enveloped Akeno like a warm embrace. "Akeno dear," she began, her voice soft and reassuring.

 "Akeno dear," she began, her voice soft and reassuring