Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

3rd Pov

Kicking off the muddy ground, Hinata's eyes couldn't be more focused as she savagely rushed forward...

On her left side, Shizue followed closely behind...both swords drawn whereas the latter ignited her blade with crimson fire.

Their coordination was surprisingly smooth and everyone could tell it...each step was made in a way where the other wouldn't tangle in.

Hinata : (Fighting with Shizu-sensei feels really different...)

She thought while keeping a stone cold face, her eyes flickered an instant when they arrived in front of the Luminaries...

Taking the first attack, Hinata rashly swung her rapier...her swing was large and easily avoidable which didn't go unnoticed by Salun and Dina.

Both jumping away while drawing a magical circle around, they failed to notice the former conqueror of flames lurking behind.

Dina : (Wait ! How did she get here?!)

Shizue : (Hehe, training sure paid off...)

The painful memories of her hellish training with the now Genesis knight, Shizue had learned a lot there...

After all, she wasn't really focused on becoming the strongest before...but after changing life, she had to change her mindset too.

Burst step...a basic technique most swordsmen learn but can never bring out its true potential...

Shizue : (Following the movement of Hinata, using her body to hide in the shadow, moving along the wind and air...)

Once you manage to read the flow of everything around you, train your body enough to match your perception...then only you can use [Burst step] in its optimal form.

Shizue : Compared to Yuu-chan or Lucas's training, you guys sure are frail !

Her angelic face who once was filled with peace and sorrow, was now deformed in a battle maniac smile.

Her arm moved quickly as she took down Dina's left arm...unfortunately he had managed to avoid death by giving up a body part.

But that didn't mean the assault ended, while the focus was now on Shizue...Hinata used this opportunity to press the Luminaries.

Salun : How can they move this fast !

Dina : Shit ! Where is Ars ! (How are they moving like that despite the barrier...)

Hinata : Ugh...

They were doing well and at first glance losing seemed impossible...but that was only for normal people, a more seasoned fighter or one who possessed great analysis could tell something was wrong.

Yuu : (The air seems rather...toxic?)

Testarossa : (This is odd...i can feel my own strength increasing...what did those rats do?)

Rimuru : (Raphael, why does Shizu-san and Hinata seem to struggle the longer the fight goes?)

Raphael : (Notice : After analysis, a Reversed Field was casted on the entire area, its effects are : Greater weakening effect on Human, particularly Saint and Enlighten one.)

Rimuru was stunned for an instant, he didn't expect such spells to exist in the western nation...

Rimuru : (But then why aren't the Luminaries affected?)

Raphael : (They most likely wear artifacts that nullify the effect, the barrier seems incomplete and rushed, the probability for the entire structure being the creation of the Clergy of Seven Luminaries is high.)