Chapter 18

Hannah's P.O.V

I enter the washroom and see Sarah washing her face. She looks at me trying to force out a smile, but her red eyes give away the truth. She's been crying.

" You alright ?! And don't even think of saying no, because your eyes are red. " I say moving towards her.

" I'm just really happy for you and Grace. " she says barely able to speak.

" Tell me the truth. " I say looking at her intently.

" You and Grace.... You finally got your wish. She's back. And once again you've forgotten about me. " she says beginning to sniff away her tears.

" I haven't forgotten you. You're my friend. You always will be. " I say with a smile hoping to make her feel better.

" See that's the problem. I can't just be friends Hannah. " she says with a frustrated tone.

" What are you talking about ? " I ask feeling confused.

" Being friends with you is too tough. "

" Look I know sometimes I make too many puns, but I can stop. " I say trying to calm her down and make her laugh.

" See.... You're funny and that's what makes it hard to just be seen as a friend, by you. I can't be around you or alone with you. It makes me want to grab you and kiss you. I want to hold your hand when we're watching a movie. I'm falling for you. I think so. " she says looking straight at me to try and spot my reaction.

I'm in shock. She can't feel this way.

" Say something. Please. " she say with a nervous look in her eyes.

Her voice is shaky. Her hands are trembling.

" Why didn't you tell me before. " I ask.

" You would have said no. " she says softly.

" I'm sorry. My answer is the same as what you though it would be. " I say with a firm but calm voice.

" I understand. You love Grace. No one can replace her. " she says looking down at her feet.

" I'm gonna be honest and say that I think we should avoid each other for sometime. " I say with a serious expression.

" Yeah. Its for the best. " she says with a sadness present in her voice.

I leave the washroom and immediately try to look as normal as possible for Grace.

Watching her sleep sounds creepy but she's so cute I can't help myself.

In about an hour, she wakes up hungry for food.

" C'mon Farto !! I haven't eaten solid food in months. " she whines like a kid.

" I promise tomorrow I'll get you something. For today the hospital food is fine. " I say.

All through this conversation all I can think about is the conversation me and Sarah had. She knows how much I love Grace. I need to tell Grace once we go home.

Fast forward to once Grace comes home.

" Wow it feels like I haven't been home in years. " Grace says as she spins around her room.

" Hey listen. I know its too soon since you've just come home, but could we talk. " I ask.

She stops and looks at me.

" Like right now ? "

" After dinner would be great. I need to think about what I'm going to say. " I say.