Chapter 23

Grace's P.O.V

It's been a week since the wedding was called off. I spend all most every single day at Hannah's place. Every evening we do something romantic, and I haven't been happier.

We're sitting on the bed with my head on her chest as we're curled up with each other.

" You know at some point I have to go home ? " I say to Hannah with a smile as I look up at her.

" At some point, not right now. " she says with a whine. " Plus I want to put up Christmas decorations with you. "

We continue watching the movie and my mind drifts away from what we're watching. Ever since the wedding was called off, I haven't seen or heard from Chester. The house where I live now is mine and Chester's but at some point he'll have to show up, so that we can talk about the house and who has to move.

" Hey Grace... you alright ?! " she says as she waves her hand in front of my face.

" Yeah I'm great. " I say trying to sound as convincing as possible.

" I know when you're lying Gracie. You can tell me. " she says and reduces the volume of the movie.

" It's just at my place, Chesters stuff is everywhere and we haven't even spoken since 'stuff' happened. " I say as I stress on the word 'stuff'.

" You could like casually email him. " Hannah says with a weird expression. " But a meeting would be better. " she says correcting herself.

" Yeah I should probably tell him to meet me. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

" A little to the right.... slightly left... no right. "

" Its fine Hannah. It doesn't have to be in the center, It goes at the top. " I say as I place the star right at the top of the tree.

As I walk towards her, she pulls me, and looks above us.

" Oh look. I nearly missed the mistletoe hanging up there. " she says trying to act natural as she holds up mistletoe.

I roll my eyes and smile through the kiss. The butterflies in my stomach have never stopped.

----------------------------------------

It's Christmas morning and I open my eyes and see Hannah's shadow as she grins excitedly.

" C'mon, hurry !! You have to open the presents I got for and for goose. "

I smile at her as she pushes me off the bed.

" Fine. But you have to open mine first. " I insist and purse my lips for a kiss.

We run downstairs with goose and Ollie at our feet.
We open our gifts and squeal in excitement. We kiss as we open each gift.

" Well I have one more for you. " Hannah says with a twinkle in her eye.

She has her hand behind her back and brings it in front. It's a small box but it doesn't look like a ring box.

" It's not like those other gifts I got you, but I hope you like it. "

I unwrap it and in there is a key to Hannah's place. (A/N: I know it's super dumb but I couldn't think of a better idea.)

" I just like spending time with you so I wanted you to have a key. "

I smile at her gesture. I really wanted her to know that I care about her.

We go to each others family for lunch and dinner and they are excited to know that we're together. They can't wait for us to get hitched. We can totally see each others awkward expressions. And Hannah and I divert the topic to something less life changing.

After a long and tiring day, I fall on the bed and so does Hannah. One look at each other with a smile and I know that it couldn't get better than this.

Authors note:

Hey guys hope you liked it. It's not my best writing but I've been busy with getting ready for exams again!!! But I'm writing a hangrid fanfic so hopefully it'll be ready soon. Don't forget to vote and comment :)