Chapter 25

Hannah's P.O.V

I had been helping Grace pack up some of her stuff. Only stuff that she really needed while she was living with me. And we were also going to an open house today. It was one of the houses that Grace had put on her top 3 list. 

Grace was biting her lip and scratching her head trying to figure out what stuff needed to be put in boxes and what stuff she was gonna give away. I snapchat from my phone a video of Grace trying to tape up a carton of picture frames. And caption it as Grace trying to adult. 

"Let me help you with that." I laugh and give her a hand. "Or we'll be late to visit that house." 

"Thanks. I'll go check whether everything else is packed for the packer company." 

"Smellbig you still have to find the place you want to move into. You need to take a breath. You could use a break." I massage her shoulders as she sits. 

She lets out a sigh and gives the room a final look and places the key on the kitchen counter. As we walk out the door and shut the door behind us. 

~~

"I think this might be the one." Grace squeals and does a spin in the room of her possible new house. 

"I thought I was the one." I pretend to be upset. She makes a cute face and kisses me. The realtor enters and gives us a smile. 

"This is perfect for couples who looking to buy a new place, if you don't mind me saying." The realtor adds. Grace just looks me, blushing. She's got that expression, the one that still gets me. 

"I think we should probably start the paper work. It's the perfect place." Grace is ecstatic and shakes the realtors hand. 

"What do you think?" Grace asks me on the drive home. "You haven't said a word." 

"I just think it's great. Except you'll move out faster than  planned." I was happy that she had finally found a new place. But now her stay over would be shorter than we had originally planned. 

"We'll alternate. It's a start. A new start for the both of us. We could really use one of those." She squeezes my hand. 

I was still upset when we reached home but when you were spending time with Grace you couldn't be upset for long. At least when it came to me I always found that when I looked at her I couldn't be sad. 

We were watching some cheesy movie the ugly truth. Clearly I was engrossed in the film that I didn't even notice Grace staring at me like she was doing the mannequin challenge. 

"Do you wanna get married?" she asked out of the blue. I stop watching and turn off the television. I give out a small laugh thinking she's joking, but her face is dead serious. 

"You're serious?!" I clearly haven't heard her. "You're actually serious." 

"Yes. I'm fucking serious." she smiles. "We've already wasted time, and I don't wanna waste anymore time. I can't wait to be yours, if you'll have me?" she looks me in the eyes endearingly. 

"I was supposed to be the first to propose." I say and put my hand in the back of my jeans pocket and take out a ring box from tiffany's. "I had a speech and everything, but  I guess you beat me to it. My answer is yes, why wouldn't it be yes." I have tears in my eyes. I open the box to reveal the diamond ring that Grace would wear on her finger. 

"When did you.." her voice cracks. "How did you.." she can't find the words. She's got tears in her eyes too. 

"I've been hiding it for a few weeks now. Is that a yes?" I laugh through my tears. 

"A thousand times yes. I love you so much." she kisses me and I take her hand and place the ring on her finger. It fits perfectly just like how we fit together. 

"I was gonna propose when you moved into your new place but I decided to do it a bit early. It was supposed to romantic and surrounded by friends and family." I had to explain myself. "Mamrie's going to be peeved she wasn't there to see the proposal." 

"Gift her a bottle of wine and she'll be fine." Grace grins. I laugh and look at my future wife. 

~~~

"I have made pasta, it's sorta not burnt." Grace says and makes me taste some. Filming an MDK with Grace always ends up something getting burnt. 

"It's great. Totally not burnt." I say looking with a terrified expression into the camera as Grace turns her back. "Okay Grace, honey let's not burn your new place down." I pull her away from the stove and in front  of the camera. "What do you have to tell them?" 

"Okay first of all, I think you mean 'our' new place." she corrects me. "Also in case you didn't know, I got my nail polish done, and what do you guys think?" Grace lifts up her left hand with the engagement ring on and shows off her so called 'nail polish' to the camera lense. "I really think the colour suits me." she looks at me when she says those words and kisses me. 

As soon as the video goes up everyone collectively looses their shit. Answering texts from friends and family congratulating Grace and I and people asking us whether we've chosen a date, we had answers for neither of those questions. We were just taking one day as it comes. I wanted no one else by my side through these days, other than my one and only Grace Anne Helbig, she meant the world. She was my drinking robot!! 

~~

Author's note

If you thought it was okay-ish, comment, and help me improve. If you thought if was good, please like. Follow me for more updates.