Chapter 21

Grace's P.O.V

Good days are finally back. Mamrie, Hannah and I finally hanging out.

I sneak into the kitchen after Mamrie falls asleep as usual, with a bottle of vodka next to her.

" Hey so spill the beans harto. What's going on with you and Ingrid ? " I say with excitement.

I sit next to her on the chair and she looks at me and smiles.

" Dude seriously. Just friends. I'll tell you how we became friends. "

" Whatever you say. " I look at her with a smug look.

" Anyway, a few weeks before Ingrid came out, she wanted some advice on how to go about it. " she says. " So we met up and I gave her a few tips and ever since then we've just been good friends." She says stressing on the word friends.

" Like I said whatever you say. " I say giving her a half smile.

" So how are things with you and um Chester ? " she asks.

" We're... Fine. " I hesitate.

" That's great Smellbig. I'm happy for you. " she says.

I can hear her voice break as she says the word happy. Why did I hesitate ? Am I not happy too ?!

" Have you guys fixed a date yet ? " she asks as she looks away.

" We're planning to have the wedding after 2 months. " I say trying to get her to look at me.

My phone buzzes and I look at my watch. Shit its late and Chester's probably wondering why I'm taking so long.

" Hey I've got to run. But let's meet up again. " I say and hug her tight.

" Yeah. Of course. You know you can tell me anything right?! " she says as she looks at me directly into my eyes.

Its like she knows I'm going through something but she wants to give me some space too.

----------------------------------

The drive home is silent. Music doesn't fill the void in my heart. Is something wrong ?! Is she telling the truth about her and Ingrid ?! Why do I even care ?! Would it be so wrong if Ingrid and Hannah were to be more than friends ?! My brain should stop thinking when I'm alone.

Reaching home I unlock the door quietly and take off my shoes. Goose runs to me and I carry her as she licks my face.

" Why'd you take so long ?! " Chester asks and kisses me.

" There was a lot of traffic. " I say.

" I missed you the whole day today. I thought we were supposed to plan wedding stuff today. " he say as he hugs me from behind.

" It must have slipped my mind. " I say feeling uncomfortable.

He immediately let's go of me.

" Don't lie Gracie. I sent you tons of messages and it says that you've read them. " he says angry.

" Look I needed some space. Everything's moving kinda fast. "

" You need to stop spending time with Hannah !! " he yells.

" Hannah's my best friend. So you have no right to tell me who I can or cannot spend time with. " I yell back.

Before I know it he strikes me hard across my face. I fall to floor with the force of his slap. Goose for the first time, growls fiercely at Chester.