Chapter 22

Hannah's P.O.V

Grace sounded really upset on the phone. I wonder what's going on ?!

Within 15 minutes there's a knock on my door and there stands Grace wiping away her tears. Since its dark, I can't see her face clearly but as I pull into my house I look at her face and see bruises.

Since I already know when she's upset she likes hot cocoa, I already made it beforehand.

I place the cup in her hand and she smiles softly. After a few minutes I decide that nows a good time to start asking questions.

" Did um... Chester ?! " I ask.

" We had a slight disagreement. It got out of hand. " she says tearing up.

" He hit you Gracie. How can you say it was a slight disagreement ?! If he cares about you- " I say but she cuts me off.

" He does care about me !! I care about him too. " she says.

" This is bullshit Grace. He hit you, and I don't know how many times, but you're still gonna forgive him ?! " I yell. " He doesn't deserve you !! You need someone... You need.... Look I don't know okay. " I say frustrated.

She can't be serious about staying with Chester.

" I need to go. Coming here was a mistake. " she says standing up.

" Look Gracie, that's not what I meant. I just want you to be safe. " I say making her sit down again.

" Let me get some antiseptic stuff for that. " I say.

I grab the medicine out of my nightstand and she applies it.

" Look why don't you sleep in my room ? I insist so you can't say no. " I say and smile at her. " I'll sleep on the here on the couch. "

" What ?! No way. We'll sleep in the same room. " she says casually.

" Erm... Are you sure ? " I ask.

" Yeah. It'll be fine. " she says and shrugs.

I make her something to eat and sit up and watch The Walking Dead with her. I sit next to her and with realizing I notice how cute she looks when's she's scared of a zombie.

I feel her fall asleep on my shoulder after an hour. I move slowly and turn off the television.

" Hey sorry. Did I drool all over your shoulder. " she asks waking up.

" No its fine. " I say and smile at her.

We walk upstairs to the bedroom with Ollie trying to jump onto the bed first. Grace jumps onto the bed and lays down and looks at me.

" Well are you just gonna stand there ?! " she asks and grins.

" What ?! No I'm just thinking. " I stutter and get on to the bed and lay down next to her.

Could this get any worse ?! It feels like the bed is getting smaller and smaller !!

The lights in the room are off but the lights from outside come in through the window just enough so we can see each other.

She turns on her side to face me and her brown eyes glisten in the night. We just look into each others eyes and try to figure out what the other is thinking.

" Looks like this couldn't get more awkward, huh ?! " I say and laugh nervously.

" You're the one making it awkward Harto. " she says and laughs.