Chapter 9

*Isis*

It Feels So Weird Sleeping In Bed Alone, But Oh Well. I Slowly Sat Up And Glanced Around The Room. Something Didn't Feel Right, But I Ignored It. I Pulled Myself Out Of Bed And Headed To The Bathroom. Since It Was A Weekend, I Guess I'd Let The Kids Sleep In Unless They Were Already Up. After I Washed My Face And Brushed My Teeth, I Headed To Check On The Kids. I Looked Over The Balcony And Saw Corey Fast Asleep On The Couch. Wow....He Actually Slept On The Couch. I Shook My Head As I Headed To Aubree's Room. Of Course She Was Already Awake And Watching TV.

"Morning Baby." I Said.

"Morning Mommy." She Said.

"Go Wash Your Face And Brush Your Teeth. I'm Going To Go Make Breakfast." I Said. She Nodded As She Rolled Out Of Bed. I Then Headed Into King's Room And Of Course He Was Still Out Cold. Like Father, Like Son. I Then Headed Into Nova's Room And Noticed Her Pacifier And Blankets Were Sprawled Out On The Floor. I Picked Them Up And That's When My Heart Slammed Into My Chest. Nova Was Not In Her Crib!

"Nova!" I Called Out. I Ran Out Of Her Room And Went Looking For Her. I Checked Everywhere And She Was Nowhere To Be Found.

"COREY! COREY WAKE UP!!" I Screamed.

"What's Up?" He Groaned.

"Nova's Gone!" I Cried.

"Gone? Gone Where?" He Asked As He Got Up.

"I Don't Know! She's Not In Her Crib And I Can't Find Her." I Said. He Quickly Got Up And Hurried Upstairs While I Ran And Checked Outside.

"Nova....Nova!" I Called Out. Nothing. I Then Ran To The Back And Noticed The Back Window Was Cracked Open.

"Oh My God No!" I Cried. Curious Neighbors Started Coming Outside As I Fell To The Ground Crying.

"Isis? Oh My God Isis Are You Okay?" My Neighbor, Mrs. Harper, Asked.

"No! No I'm Not Okay! My Daughter Is Missing!" I Said Trying To Keep My Composure.

"Oh Dear God! I'll Call The Police Right Away!" She Said As She Hurried Back To Her House. I Put My Head Down And Cried Uncontrollably.

"Baby...Come On. You're Making A Scene." Corey Said Pulling Me To My Feet.

"I Don't Care! My Baby Is Missing! This Has That Psychos Name Written All Over It!" I Snapped.

"Who?" He Asked. I Almost Slapped The Taste Out Of His Mouth.

"That Bitch Nataliee!" I Screamed.

"Shit....That Does Make Since!" He Said. We Headed Back Into The House As We Waited For The Police. I Called My Parents And Told Them What Happened, And Of Course They Were On Their Way Over. I Was Shaking Something Serious As I Stared Out The Window. I Knew It Was A Matter Of Time Before She Got Ahold Of Us. The Police Had Finally Arrived And They Were Questioning Us While The Rest Of Them Went Looking Around The House. I Couldn't Grasp The Fact That My Baby Was Gone! And Yet I'm Sitting Here And Doing Nothing.

"I'm Going To Look For Her." I Announced.

"Baby No." Corey Said.

"I Can't Sit Here And Do Nothing! I Don't Know If She's Alright Or Anything! I Just Want My Baby Home." I Said As I Started Crying Again.

"Okay. Okay. I'll Go With You." He Said.

"We'll Watch The Kids." My Mom Said.

"Actually You'll Watch Them. I'm Going With Them To Help." My Dad Said. My Mom Nodded As She Headed Upstairs To Get The Kids Ready, While We Went Looking For Nova. I Just Prayed That Nataliee Didn't Harm My Baby In Anyway.