Chapter 17

*Isis*

Terrance And I Sat On The Patio As We Watched The Sun Set. It Was Nice Having Somebody There To Talk To Besides My Parents And Kenya. I Looked Over At Terrance And Admired How Good He Looked In Regular Clothes. His Muscles Were Bulging Out Of His Shirt, And His Muscles Were Flexing. I Quickly Turned My Head As I Focused Back On The Sunset.

"How Are You?" He Asked.

"I'm Alright. Struggling A Bit At Work, But I'll Get By." I Said.

"Maybe....You Should Take Off Work For Awhile." He Said.

"I Can't....I Need Something To Take My Mind Off Of My Missing Daughter And My Husband Leaving Me." I Said.

"None Of This Was Your Fault, Isis." He Said.

"Then Why Do I Feel So Guilty? My Daughter Was Taken From Her Crib And I Didn't Know. My Marriage Was Over Before It Started And I Didn't Even Know." I Said.

"How Could You Know? You Were Asleep When Nova Was Kidnapped. And Corey? I Thought He Was Good Peoples." He Said. I Shrugged As I Continued Watching The Sun Set.

"You Are A Beautiful Woman Isis. Any Man Would Be Luck To Have You And Your Beautiful Kids In Their Life." He Said. I Blushed As I Stared At Him. I Didn't Know What To Say. Terrance Slowly Leaned In To Kiss Me, But Right As Our Lips Touched, The Doorbell Rang. Thank God! Saved By The Bell!

"Do You Want Me To Get That?" He Asked.

"No I Got It." I Said. I Got Up And Went To See Who Was At My House.

"Who Is It?" I Asked.

"Uh...Hi. My Name Is Sophia. I'm A Friend Of Corey's." She Said.

"Corey Doesn't Live Here Anymore." I Said.

"But I'm Here To See You." She Said.

"Umm...Okay? What Do You Want? I Asked.

"I Have Something You Want. Well....Somebody." She Said. My Eyes Widened As I Quickly Unlocked And Opened My Front Door. There Was Sweet Baby Girl Nova.

"Mama!" She Squealed As I Grabbed Her And Hugged Her Tight. Tears Fell Down My Face As I Showered My Baby Girl With Kisses. She Was Actually Back Home And Back In My Arms.

"What's Going On? Who's At The Door?" I Heard Terrance Ask.

"My Baby Is Home!" I Cried. Terrance Hurried Towards The Door As I Kept My Baby In My Arms Tight. I Stood Up And Hugged The Random Lady.

"Thank You! Thank You So Much!" I Said.

"It Was No Trouble, But That's Not The Only Reason I'm Here." She Said.

"Oh? You Want Reward Money Or Something?" I Asked.

"Oh No. Corey Sent Me. He Wanted Me To Bring Your Daughter Home And For Me To Tell You What's Really Going On. He Also Told Me To Tell You That Everything He Said To You Wasn't True. Nataliee Forced Him To Say What He Said To You. Nataliee Did Kidnap Your Daughter And She Threatened Nova's Life If Corey Didn't Leave You For Her. Now She's Holding Corey Hostage At My House." She Said.

"So You Know Nataliee?" I Asked. She Nodded.

"But I Swear I Didn't Know She Was Going To Take Nova. I Was Surprised To See Her When I Woke Up The Next Day." She Said.

"So Why Didn't You Call The Police? Or Bring Her Back?" Terrance Asked The Same Question That I Was Thinking.

"She Told Me If I Ruined Her Plans That She'd Kill Nova And Pin It On Me. Nataliee Is Dangerous And Out Of Control." She Said. I Glanced At Terrance And Back At This Girl.

"I Need To Get Corey Away From Her." I Said.

"We Know Where She Is So We Can Arrest Her." Terrance Said.

"It's Not That Simple. Nataliee Is Very Clever. She'll Just Run." The Girl Said.

"I'll Go. Alone." I Said.

"What?" Both Terrance And The Girl Said. I Shrugged As I Kissed My Baby Girls Forehead.

"Isis No! I Won't Let You Go Alone." Terrance Said.

"I'll Be Fine. After All.....She Is.....My Sister." I Said. Ugh....That Made My Skin Crawl. But I'll Do Whatever It Takes To Save My Husband. I Got The Girls Address And Went To Drop Nova Off With My Parent's. Though I Didn't Want Her Out Of My Sight Ever Again....I Had To Go Save My Husband.

My Life With A Thug 3On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara