Chapter 24

*Isis*

2 Weeks Later....

These Last Few Weeks Have Been Stressful, But I Was Slowly Pushing Through. Throughout The Day, I Sat At The Hospital With Corey, And At Night I Was Home With The Kids While His Mom Stayed The Night With Him. It Broke My Heart Seeing Him Laying In That Hospital Bed, But At Least He Wasn't Dead And Six Feet Under! It Was An Early Saturday Morning As I Fed The Kids Their Breakfast. I Was Going To Drop The Kids Off With My Brother And Kenya So I Could Go Back To The Hospital.

"Mom?" Aubree Said.

"Yes Baby." I Said As I Packed Nova's Diaper Bag.

"Can I Go With You To See Daddy?" She Asked. I Sighed. I Really Didn't Want Her To See Her Dad In That Type Of Condition, But How Could I Say No?

"Sure Boo. We Just Have To Drop Your Brother And Sister Off And We'll Go." I Said. She Nodded And Finished Eating Her Food. An Hour Later, We Were Pulling Into The Hospital Parking Lot. Aubree Held My Hand Tight As We Made Our Way To Corey's Room.

"Use Your Inside Voice And Don't Touch Anything." I Said.

"Okay." She Said. We Walked Into The Room And Aubree Froze. This Was Such A Bad Idea.

"Come Sit Down." I Said To Her. She Slowly Walked Over Towards The Bed And Stared At Her Daddy.

"Is He Hurting?" She Asked.

"No He's Not." I Said.

"Good. I Don't Want Daddy Feeling Any Pain." She Said. I Smiled.

"You Know...The Doctors Told Me That Even Though He's In A Deep Sleep...He Can Still Hear Voices. Try And Talk To Him. It Might Wake Him Up." I Said. She Nodded As She Pulled A Chair Up To His Bed And Sat Down.

"Daddy Can You Hear Me? Or Nahhh?" She Said. I Shook My Head. That's His Twin Everybody. She Gets NOTHING From Me.

"Mommy Bought Me And Nova Matching Boots The Other Day. It's Almost About To Be Cold Outside So We Gotta Be Prepared." She Said. She Looked Upset Trying To Talk To Corey And He Wasn't Responding Back. I Nodded My Head Which Meant To Keep Talking.

"I Miss You Daddy. We All Miss You. It's Time For You To Get Up And Come Home." She Said. Tears Swelled Up In My Eyes As I Watched My Baby Girl Talk. She Continued Talking For At Least An Hour. She Talked About School, Her Siblings, Me, And She Read Him A Book. Still Nothing Happened. The Nurse Came In To Check His Vitals And Aubree Came And Hugged Me.

"Mommy I'm Hungry." She Said. I Walked Her Down To The Cafeteria To Get Her Some Food. When We Returned, Aubree Sat Back In Her Seat And Started Eating; While Still Talking To Her Dad.

"Stop All That Damn Munching Girl!" Corey Murmured. Aubree Gasped As I Quickly Stood Up.

"Daddy?" Aubree Said.

"Sup Shawty?" He Mumbled. Oh My God! Oh My God! I Hurried Called For A Nurse While Aubree Squealed With Delight. Corey's Eyes Didn't Open, But He Surely Did Talk! The Nurse And Doctor Came In And Examined Him, While Aubree And I Stood Back To Watch.

"You Sure He Spoke?" The Doctor Asked. I Nodded.

"He Spoke Twice!" Aubree Said Holding Up Two Fingers. The Doctors Nodded As They Started Running Tests. I Was So Anxious To See What Was Going On That It Was Ridiculous.

"He's Still Unresponsive, But Maybe In A Few More Days He'll Wake Up." He Said.

"But Daddy Talked." Aubree Said To Me.

"I Know Baby. Go Talk To Him Again. Maybe He'll Wake Up." I Said. She Nodded And Climbed Back In Her Chair. I Pulled My Chair Up And Grabbed His Hand.

"Come On Baby. Wake Up." I Said.

"Yeah Daddy Get Up!" Aubree Said. She Laid Her Head On His Chest And Sat There.

"Daddy Heart Is Beating Fast. Like The Time He Ran From You When You Found Out He Fed Me And King All Those Sweets." She Said.

"Oh Yeah. His Heart Was Beating Fast. Probably Because I Was So Close To Strangling Him." I Said Laughing.

"Man Shut Up." Corey Murmured.

"There He Go Again!" Aubree Said Hella Loud. I Told Her To Quiet Down. She Giggled As She Continued Talking To Him. This Was Weird. Corey Could Hear Us, AND He Was Somewhat Responding! So Why Isn't He Waking Up? It Was Starting To Get Late And Aubree Didn't Want To Leave.

"What If We Leave And He Wakes Up?" She Asked.

"We're Coming Back In The Morning Boo. Plus Your Grandma Is Coming Up Here So She'll Let Us Know If He Wakes Up." I Said. She Nodded And Climbed Up To Kiss Corey's Cheek.

"I Love You Daddy. Me And Mommy Will Be Back Tomorrow, So Don't Wake Up Until Then Okay!" She Said. I Giggled. She Is Something Else. I Leaned Over And Kissed Corey's Cheek.

"I Love You Babe. See You In The Morning." I Said. I Felt A Hand Grab The Back Of My Head, As My Lips Slammed Into Corey's. I Jumped Back As Corey's Eyes Slowly Opened.

"Daddy?" Aubree Said.

"Here I Was Thinking I Was Going To Hell, And I Wake Up To Two Beautiful Angels." He Said. Aubree Giggled As She Hugged Her Dad Tight.

"I Knew You'd Wake Up!" She Said. He Kissed Her Forehead. I Was Stuck As I Watched Them.

"Mommy Look!" Aubree Said.

"I See Baby." I Said As I Choked Back Tears.

"Come Here Ma." Corey Said. I Sat Next To Him And Kissed Him Hard.

"Ew." Aubree Said As She Walked Off. We Giggled As We Stared At Each Other. I Can't Believe My Baby Was Awake!