Chapter 11

*Corey*

It Had Been Three Days Since Nova Went Missing, And It Was Definitely Hard On Everyone......Especially Isis. I Painfully Watched As My Wife Would Just Sit In Nova's Room And Cry. It Made Me Upset, But I Wasn't Giving Up. Day In And Day Out, I Waited For Nataliee To Call, But She Never Did.

"How's Icy Holding Up?" Isaiah Asked As He And Kenya Walked Into The House.

"Not Good. She's Upstairs In Nova's Room Right Now." I Said.

"Poor Thing. I'm Gonna Go Talk To Her." Kenya Said As She Headed Upstairs. I Sat Back On The Couch And Sighed.

"How Are You Holding Up Man?" Isaiah Asked.

"Man I Don't Know. I'm Trying To Be Strong For Isis And For The Kids, But....It's So Hard!" I Said. I Started Crying As I Slammed My Fist Down On The Table.

"Bruh Chill Out. Everything's Going To Be Okay." He Said.

"Man I Don't Know That! Nataliee Is Doing This To Get Back At Me, But Who Knew She'd Stoop So Low? That's My Youngest Baby Girl And I Can Only Imagine How Scared She Is." I Said.

"Kind Of Like How Icy Was When Montana Kidnapped Her. I Feel You." He Said. I Nodded As I Wiped My Face. I Can't Let My Wife See Me Act Like A Punk Ass Nigga.

*Isis*

I Sat In The Rocking Chair And Slowly Stroked The Hairs Of Nova's Favorite Stuffed Duck. I Missed My Baby So Much That I Was Literally Going Crazy.

"Isis....Honey....You Can't Sit In Here Forever. It's Making You More Upset Than You Already Are." Kenya Said. I Didn't Say Anything As I Sat There In A Zombified Manner.

"Come On...Let's Run You A Hot Bath." She Said.

"She's Gone Kenya. My Daughter Is Gone." I Said.

"Listen To Me Isis....The Police Are Going To Find Nova And Bring Her Home, But She Needs You To Be Strong. Not Just For Her, But For King And Aubree Too." She Said. She Was Right. I Couldn't Sit Here And Sulk All Day. I Needed To Be Strong For My Babies. I Nodded As I Hugged Her Tight.

"Thank You." I Said.

"What Are In-Laws For Right? Now Come On. Ima Run You That Bath And While You're Relaxing, I'm Going To Cook You All Your Favorite Comfort Foods." She Said. I Giggled. Man....It Felt Good To At Least Smile For A Minute. Kenya Grabbed My Hand And Pulled Me Out Of The Chair. We Walked Into My Room And Kenya Went To Start My Bath. I Stared At Myself In The Mirror And Sighed. I Definitely Looked Like I Aged About Ten Years. Ugh.

"Now Your Bath Is Running Miss Lady And I Will Be In The Kitchen, With A Glass Of Wine Waiting On You, When You're Finished." She Said.

"Okay....And Thanks Again Kenya. I Really Appreciate It." I Said.

"Stop Thanking Me! I'm Always Here For You." She Said. She Walked Out Of The Room As I Started Stripping Out Of My Clothes. I Eased Into The Tub And Sighed.

"God....Please Let My Daughter Be Okay And Return Her Home Safely. Please, Please, Please. Amen."