Chapter 21

*Isis*

"Isis? Detective Terrance Is Here To See You." My Mom Yelled From Downstairs. I Groaned As I Grabbed Nova, And Headed Downstairs Where Terrance Was Waiting For Me. I Been Looking For A New House To Move To, But I Keep Getting Interrupted.

"Hey T." I Said.

"Hey Isis. Hey Pretty Girl." He Said Talking To Nova. She Giggled As I Sat Her Down.

"What's Up?" I Asked.

"I Hate To Do This, But....I Need You To Come Down For Questioning." He Said.

"Me? For What?" I Asked.

"Because You Were The Last Person To See Sophia Gonzalez Alive." He Said.

"Are You Sure About That?" I Said.

"You Were There Weren't You?" He Said.

"Define Being There." I Said.

"Isis...Come On Now. Let's Not Play Games." Terrance Said.

"Am I Being Arrested?" I Asked.

"No. Do I Have A Reason To Arrest You?" He Asked.

"No." I Said.

"Okay Then. This Is Just Standard Procedure." He Said.

"Is It Really Necessary For Me To Go Downtown? Can't You Just Question Me Here?" I Asked.

"No I Can't. I Need You To Come Down To The Station." He Said. I Rolled My Eyes And Sighed.

"Fine." I Said. I Told My Mom That I'd Be Back And To Watch Nova. She Was Very Skeptical About Me Being Questioned For Something I Didn't Even Do. Trust....I Was Too.

"So How Are You?" Terrance Asked Once We Got In The Car.

"I Was Fine Until You Wanted To Drag Me Down Here For No Apparent Reason." I Snapped.

"I Know. I'm Sorry About That." He Said. I Didn't Say Anything Else As We Pulled Up At The Police Station. I Was Escorted To A Private Room And Patiently Waited For Somebody To Come Question Me. My Phone Started Vibrating And It Was Corey:

"Hey Baby." I Answered.

"Yo Where You At?" He Asked.

"At The Police Station." I Said.

"For What?" He Asked.

"They Said They Had Some Questions To Ask Me. Apparently That Sophia Girl Is Dead." I Said Playing Dumb. I Knew I Was Being Monitored.

"Yeah I Heard." He Said Sarcastically. I Giggled.

"Aye Ma I'm On My Way." He Said.

"No Babe. I'm Just Gonna Tell Them Everything And Be Done With This." I Said.

"Yeah Aight. Come Straight Home When You Get Done. Ima Go Pick Up The Kids." He Said. Terrance And His Partner Walked In And I Quickly Ended The Call. I Ended Up Telling Them Everything From Nataliee Kidnapping My Daughter To Her Ending Her Life. I Might Have Stretched The Truth A Little, But It Was Still Convincing Enough.

"Is That Everything?" Terrance Asked. I Nodded.

"Okay. Well Mrs. Smith...There Was Only One Body Found At The Scene. Are You Sure That You're Sticking To That Story?" The Other Detective Said.

"Yeah Because That's What Happened!" I Snapped.

"Okay So Where Is Nataliee Montana's Body?" He Asked.

"How Should I Know?! I Didn't Stick Around To Watch Her Sink Into Hell!" I Snapped.

"Mrs. Smith Calm Down. We're Just Trying To Figure Out Where Miss Montana Is." Terrance Said.

"I Understand That, But I Don't Know Where She Is. She Should Be Dead Because She Slit Her Throat In Front Of Us! How Is It Possible For Somebody To Fake Death Like That?" I Asked.

"I'm Not Sure." The Other Detective Said. I Started Getting An Uneasy Feeling And When That Feeling Comes....Something Bad Is About To Happen.

"Did You Know That Miss Montana Use To Be A Nurse?" Terrance Asked. I Shook My Head. I Didn't Anything About That Bitch Other Then Her Trying To Steal My Husband Away. That's When It Clicked.

"I Need To Go." I Said As I Stood Up.

"But We're Not Finish." The Other Detective Said.

"Please! I Need To Get Home! I'll Answer Any Other Questions You Have Tomorrow." I Said. Terrance Saw My Facial Expressions And Quickly Stood Up.

"Okay. You Can Leave. I'll Take You Home." He Said. I Nodded As I Hurried Out Of The Interrogation Room. I Had To Get To Corey Before That Crazy Bitch Did.