Chapter 25

*Corey*

I Was Hella Blessed And I For Surely Had A Guardian Angel Looking Out For Me. Since I Woke Up, The Doctors And Nurses Have Been Examining Me Non Stop, And It Was Getting On My Nerves. My Moms Was Up Here Crying And Shit, Along With My Wife And Daughter. In My Head, I Couldn't Help But To Pray And Thank God For Sparing Me My Life, But Trust And Believe.....When I Get My Ass Up Outta Here.....That Bitch Nataliee Gon Get It.
*
*
*
*
*
*
"Man It's Time For Me To Bounce! I Been Up In Here Way Too Long!" I Snapped.

"I Know Mr. Smith, But Your Cuts Haven't Quite Healed Just Yet." The Nurse Said.

"I Been In Here For Damn Near A Month! How They Ain't Healed?" I Asked.

"It Takes 6-8 Weeks For A Stab Wound To Heal. Especially If You Don't Want An Infection. Maybe In Two More Weeks You'll Be Discharged." She Said.

"Awh Naw. I Gotta Get The Hell Out Of Here." I Said. She Giggled As She Handed Me My Meds. There Was A Knock At The Door And In Walked My Beautiful Wife. She's One Main Reasons I Needed To Get Out Of Here.

"Hi Mrs. Smith." The Nurse Said Greeting Isis.

"Hey. How Is He Doing Today?" She Asked.

"Eh...He's Anxious To Go Home." She Said.

"I Can Only Imagine." She Said.

"Damn Right! Baby Get My Shit So We Can Go!" I Said. She Rolled Her Eyes.

"You're Not Leaving Until The Doctor Says Otherwise." She Said As She Kissed Me. I Groaned As I Crossed My Arms And Pouted.

"That Pouting Doesn't Work On Me Aubree!" She Teased. I Laughed.

"Where Are My Little Shorties Anyways?" I Asked.

"With Your Mom. They'll Be Up Here In A Little While." She Said.

"Good. Let Me Get Some Real Quick." I Said.

"Seriously? No!" She Said. I Sucked In My Teeth. She Knew I Needed Some And She Was Being Stingy.

"Come On Now! They Ain't Tryna Let Me Leave Or Nothing. At Least Let Me Get A Little Taste." I Said. She Giggled.

"No Corey. You'll Be Okay For Now." She Said.

"Yeah Whatever." I Said. She Sat Next To Me And Began Playing With My Hair.

"So You Know When I Get Out Of Here I'm Going To Find That Bitch Nataliee And Kill Her." I Said. Isis Looked At Me And Then At The Floor.

"What? What's Wrong?" I Asked.

"She's Already Dead." She Said.

"Word? How You Know?" I Asked.

"Detective Terrance Told Me When We Were On Our Way Here. Apparently She Stabbed Herself In The Neck." She Said. I Shook My Head. Good Riddance To That Bitch!

"Well Its Good She Killed Herself! Crazy Bitch Tryna Kill Me And Shit. You Shoulda Killed Her Ass To Retaliate For Me." I Said Laughing. She Giggled Nervously As She Stood Up And Walked Towards The Window.

"Awh Shit Ma. You Did It Didn't You?" She Asked.

"I Didn't Mean To. Something Snapped Inside Of Me." She Said. She Didn't Even Turn And Look At Me.

"Aye Come Here." I Said. She Turned And Slowly Walked Towards Me. She Sat On My Bed And Looked Down. I Pushed Her Chin Up So She Could Look Me In The Eye.

"You Wasn't In The Wrong." I Said.

"I Know, But.....I Really Thought You Were Dead. Like....I Don't Know....I Snapped. I Snuck Into Her Room And Killed Her. I Stabbed That Knife Right Here And Twisted It. Just Like You Taught Me." She Cried, Pointing To Her Neck. I Felt Bad.

"It's Alright Baby. She Deserved It. She Kidnapped Our Daughter, She Killed That Poor Girl Sophia, And She Tried To Kill Me. She Deserved It." I Said. I Wiped Her Tears And Kissed Her.

"I Guess." She Said. She Laid Next To Me And I Wrapped My Arms Around Her.

"Did You Find Us A New Place To Stay?" I Asked.

"I Saw A Few Nice Houses. I Haven't Really Had A Chance To Look At Anything Up Close And Personal Because I've Been So Busy With You And The Kids." She Said.

"Well I'll Look For Something So You Can Relax. Like You Said....We Need A Fresh Start, And I Want Some More Babies." I Said. She Cocked Her Head To The Side.

"Yeah We Do Need A Fresh Start, But More Babies? Uh....One More At Least, But Definitely Not Now." She Said. I Laughed As I Kissed Her Neck.

"I Love You Girl." I Said.

"I Love You Too." She Said.

Dear God...Thank You For Sparing My Life Once Again. You Are Truly The Man And I Promise Ima Change My Life. For You, My Family, And For Myself. I'm Done With The Foolishness. D O N E!