Chapter 2: new recruit

"Alright, I'll be back later" Beca waves a goodbye to Emily and leaves the apartment. Beca isn't someone who enjoys surprises but, she's made an exception for this one. Something about it.

She arrives to what looks like a, factory. There's just glass everywhere but, no windows. Just glass.

She steps up to the door lookalike and rings the blue bottom on the side. "name?" a random voice speaks out of the intercom above the door. "uh, Beca?" She says bitting her lip in confusion "password?" The intercom ask.

"Password?"

"Oh right the passcode, yeah. just hold on a moment" Beca says as she searches her bag for the envelope, its found. Its all wrinkly. "u-w-a. UWA?" Beca says aloud then, ask the intercom.

"Correct." The intercom cuts off and the door opens, revealing at least 300 people just ripping and running. Beca looks around before taking a step inside and right when she does, she's greeted by a very tall boy with glasses, blonde hair and, green eyes.

"Woah" Beca says to herself in excitement, "thank you, I appreciate the compliment BUT-" inficis on but "we must carry on!" The boy then proceeds foward and Beca follows.

Beca is still confused as to where and why, she is here. That though is quickly interrupted by a red head. The red head is looking straight into the eyes of Beca and she can't resist looking back.

Once Beca realizes what she's doing she looks away. When she's far enough away, she takes another glance. Beca isn't gay or anything but, quite often she comes off as it. Its not offensive, it's just confusing for her.

For what feels like half an hour later "step into the briefing room, you'll be assigned a task soon" the tall boy says to Beca and leaves immediately "wait what kind of ta-!" Becas question is cut short because of the boy closing the door.

When she turns around she sees about 200 people gathered in the room staring at her. "Beca?" A man up front ask, "yeah that's- that's me" Beca replies, still a bit afraid as to what going on. "up here" the man says.

Beca stays positioned where she is, "come up here Beca" a girly voice says, it's the redhead. Beca slowly walks to the front scanning all the people who look at her.

She takes a leap forward to where the man is pointing. Once Beca is there for a bit she leans in to the red head "you know my name?" "Well he just said it, kinda hard not to hear it" Chloe snaps back with attitude and leans away from Beca.

•••

*Beca's POV*

I've been standing here for about, 25 minutes. 30 tops. I'm still as uncomfortable now as I was when I first walked in. "I'm sorry what am I doing here?" I interrupt the man wearing all black. He steps up to me, so close to my face he could kiss me if he pleased.

"Did you just interrupt me?" He ask with a slightly off tone. "no. I mean-well yeah, I guess" I reply afraid of what will happen next. He takes a few steps back. Positioning himself before he speaks.

"Since the new recuit, beca, interupted. training is cut short and we will just get right to the new mission." he says folding his hands in disappointment.

"New recruit?" I say. "yeah, girl your the new recruit" some girl comes over and puts her hands around me, I'm quick to grab her arm and put it behind her back. "great job beca, you just completed your first mission." The man says to me.

I throw the girl down and fix my shirt "what mission?" I ask the man. He ignores my question and continues talking.

"So as you all know there is a wedding happening a month from now. There will be pounds and pounds of illegal drugs including marajuana, cocaine, meth, etc. we will need 2 girls to go undercover as a gay couple so they can attend the wedding and, retrieve all the drugs."

He glances at me, but is quick to look away once he realizes I notice him looking at me. "Chloe!" The man says aloud, the red head responds, "yes sir?" She says standing tall.

"Chloe" I say to myself.

"You will be attending the wedding with-" he pauses and takes a step over to me. "Beca."