Chapter 16

(Scarlet's POV)

Two days later

I've been let out of the hospital wing by Madame Pomfrey. I still have minor bruises and pains, but otherwise, I'm physically alright. Mentally? I was on a rollercoaster.

I was sitting on my bed, thoughts running through my mind. Everything had been turning around, despite my kidnapping, and I felt like Severus and I could finally figure something out in regards to our relationship. The last thing I needed was Marco to return.

Him and I have a huge history together, but the most recent, a romantic relationship. I thought I was in love with him, to be honest with myself. But then, everything changed when it came to Snape. However, my feelings for Marco are stirring again, because he's here at Hogwarts. But I know it's not true love. The last thing I want to do is hurt Severus.

I would tell him that; explain everything, but he is once again not speaking to me. This seems to be a pattern with him when I'm involved: an obstacle comes between us, and he shuts down, and his wall comes back up. It's bloody frustrating. And I'm definitely not going to torture myself by trying to speak to him, and in return my efforts are thrown back in my face via rejection. I can't deal with that. I just hope he speaks to me, when he's ready.

I let out a huge groan, and Emaly chuckled from her seat on her bed.

"Feeling conflicted?"

I sighed. "Just a bit."

Emaly giggled, shrugging. "Why? You have one scrumptious hunk of man, waiting for you in the Great Hall for lunch."

"Yeah, I know. That's the problem."

Emaly just gave me a look, but said nothing. I was actually surprised she didn't ask me to clarify.

I smiled slightly, and stood up. I dressed into casual clothes, threw on my school robes, and followed her out and into the corridor. We walked to the Great Hall together, and no sooner had I stepped inside, Marco was waving me down. Half of me wanted him to leave. Thankfully, he was only here to visit. For how long, that was unclear.

I sat down directly in front of him, and he smiled wide.

"How are you feeling, love?" he asked, stroking my thumb as he held my hand across the table. My stomach fluttered a little at the intimacy.

"Better. Thank you for asking."

He nodded in understanding, and then fixed his chocolate-brown eyes on mine. There was a short silence before I tore my gaze away, and spoke again.

"Why did you come here? I haven't seen you in a couple years. You disappeared on me, without word, left me heartbroken, and then you just show up at my school?? What's going on??!" I whispered angrily.

Marco sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Scar, I honestly can say I don't know. I have no clue what came over me when I left you. And then I hear that you've been kidnapped and abused for years, and your father is behind it?! I was shocked. Why did you never tell me?"

I chuckled. " How did you find out? Besides, I didn't tell anybody, except for one person, so don't take it personally."

'Well, two.' I thought quickly.

Marco smiled, his gaze genuinely adoring. "I know. And how I found out doesn't matter. I know you, Scarlet. And I'm here now. I'll be what you deserve."

I let out a sigh, as my stomach did somersaults. I couldn't distinguish if it was a good or nervous feeling. Too bad I don't need him now.

'But don't deny there's a small part of you that wants him.' my subconscious reprimanded me. I mentally swore at myself for that observation.

I forced a small smile, gripping his hand lightly. "Okay. We'll see. But don't expect anything more than what I want; you'll be disappointed if you do."

Marco nodded. "Agreed, love."

With that, we started piling food onto our plates. As I did, I could feel eyes boring holes into my back. figuratively. Being brave, I turned my head, and met his gaze. My eyes filled with tears when I did. His eyes looked cold. After a second, which in itself felt too short, Severus snapped his gaze away from mine. He briskly got up, and without even looking back, exited the Great Hall through a side door.

I sighed, and put on a fake smile. This was the worst situation I had ever been in. My emotions and feelings were all twisted together, and I didn't know if I was going to be able to untangle them.

*******

A/N: This to me felt like a filler chapter? Idk. Let me know what you think. There will be more Sev coming in the next chapter and obviously the chapters beyond. This chapter I just posted will be the last for a couple weeks because I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow. When I get back, I will find time to update again! :) Comment, vote! xx