Chapter 30

Scarlet's POV

I furrowed my brows at Sev's observation.

"Black?" I asked, mostly clarifying that I heard him correctly.

He nodded, as he helped me stand up off the floor of the corridor.

I opened my mouth to speak, but didn't know what to say. I was so confused..why did my eyes change colors, and why was the color black? What does it mean?

"Sev--" I started to say, but his hands on my shoulders stopped me from continuing.

"Come on." he whispered, and with a look around, we made our way together down to his chambers. He opened up the door, and motioned for me to step inside.

I obliged, and sat down on the couch. Severus joined me.

"I think I may know why your eyes have changed color." he stated, hand on my knee.

I chuckled, "Do tell."

Severus smirked with amusement before replying. "Your eyes may have changed to black due to your actions tonight. You unearthed your full powers when you banished Mr. Germaine, and I believe they may not go back to normal. You are a full-blown Siren now, and your powers may be harder to control, Scarlet."

I sighed, muttering sarcastically,"That's just what I need these days."

Severus smirked, pulling me in closer to his body. I closed my eyes in contentment. The room was filled with silence for a moment, before I shot up from my seat on the couch, running my hands through my messy black waves.

"Holy hell! Why didn't I think of it before?!" I exclaimed, more to myself than to anyone else.

I caught Sev's eye, and his eyebrow was raised in question. "Pardon?"

My heart was starting to pound at my revelation, knowing deep down that I was thinking on the right track, however unfortunate it may be.

I let out a breath before clarifying my outburst.

"In my dream that I told you about, my mother told me that I was going to be sought. At the time, I didn't know what for. Now it's just come to me: who is the darkest wizard of all time that goes about recruiting witches and wizards to join his ranks?" I questioned somewhat rhetorically, but I knew Severus would answer and confirm.

He met my eyes, and he seemed distraught at my statement, almost as if he didn't want to believe that what I was saying was true. But I had a gut-wrenching feeling that it was.

"The Dark Lord." Sev murmured, letting out a frustrated breath.

I let out another breath as well, my heart racing harder, and my breaths starting to get heavier.

"Voldemort. Just say his name. You spy for him, you know. I'm done for, Severus. My mom was right. He's going to come for me, because he knows I'm a threat."

Before he could reply, my eyes widened, and my hands covered my mouth in more revelation.

"What...what if that's why my mom was poisoned? What if she was murdered because she wouldn't join the dark side? What if that happens to me?! Everything she did was to protect me, and now she's not even here anymore to do so!!!" I exclaimed.

My breathes were coming in rapidly, and I felt dizzy. I sat down on the floor right where I was, because my legs felt too weak to stand on. It seemed like everything was starting to twist together and make sense, but in the worst of ways.

I could hardly take a breath in, but it didn't stop me from choking out another sentence.

"My father...he did it...he probably killed her as an assignment to Voldemort, so he wouldn't be murdered as well. And he probably hasn't succeeded in killing me yet because he can't. I'm useful." I murmured to myself.