Chapter 39

A few weeks later, Scarlet's POV

I yawned and slowly opened my eyes. I smiled to myself at the feeling of Sev's arm wrapped around me in slumber. I turned over, trying not to rustle the sheets too much, and came face to face with his solid chest. I smirked, and nuzzled my face into it, inhaling his scent happily. Feeling frisky, I started to leave short kisses lightly along his exposed neck.

"Miss Kingsley, may I ask what you are trying to do?" he sleepily asked, and I smiled at how sexy his morning voice was. It felt like velvet seduction, and sent a shiver up my spine.

"Trying to wake you up. I see I have been successful in my endeavor." I purred in his ear.

Before I could prepare myself, I was gently pushed back against the bed, Severus hovering over me. I bit my lip, taking in his appearance. His hair was messy, and he was shirtless, candy to my eye. I couldn't tear my eyes away from this man.

"See something you like?" he asked, eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Obviously." I purred in response, smirking at the use of his line.

His lips capturing mine in a passionate kiss took my breath away, and my mind went blank. All I could think about was Severus.

Minutes later, we broke apart, and I smirked. "I believe it is almost time for breakfast."

As I said this, I sat up, and swung my legs over the bed, and looked back at my fiancée.

"Who needs breakfast?" he stated, lust enveloping his gaze.

I smirked, leaning closer, to where our lips were almost touching.

"I'm a growing girl." I whispered, and I winked seductively, before getting up and walking to the bathroom in only a silk sheet to cover my naked body. My heart beat with pleasure and thrill at the feeling of Sev's eyes on my retreating figure.

*********

A few hours later

I smiled to myself as I walked down the halls of the castle. I was giving Sev some time to himself to catch up on some grading of papers, and I was thinking of him. My birthday was coming up in a few months, and then the big day hopefully as planned. I was nervously excited.

I was so focused on my thoughts that I didn't realize the halls had become emptier.

"Scarlet."

I turned around at the sound of the voice, and I couldn't resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"What a way to ruin my day." I stated, glaring at Jon.

"Scarlet, please. Just hear me out." he pleaded.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Why should I?"

"Because you're my sister." Jon replied.

I narrowed my eyes. "And that matters to you now?! That obviously didn't matter when you snuck into Hogwarts and kidnapped me for our father!!! Do you have any idea what he has done to me? Did he ever care to mention how he abused me in every way possible day after day? Oh wait, he probably didn't, so you would worship the ground he walked on!!"

I could feel my eyes welling with tears, and I wiped them away quickly before Jonathan could see.

I looked back up at my brother, and his face reflected pain and sadness.

"Scarlet..I had no idea--"

I held up a hand to cut him off. "Of course you didn't."

"I didn't, I swear. If I would have known, everything would be different. He wouldn't even let me see Mom...I don't even know how she died." Jonathan's voice cracked, and I took in a breath to hold back tears.