Chapter 26

((A/N: the picture above is of Scarlet's wings. I hope it shows up.))

Scarlet's POV

I ran my hands through my long tresses as I walked out of the library. I was so confused by everything I had just read. I knew I had to see Sev. Maybe he could bring some sense to all of it. Even if he couldn't, being with him would relax me.

I turned the corner, and just the person I wanted to see was walking my way.

Our eyes met, and his dark eyes filled with concern. He motioned with his head for me to follow him, and I did so. I kept a decent pace behind him, so as not to draw attention to ourselves. When we reached the Potions classroom, Severus glanced around for witnesses, and after seeing no one in sight, he gripped my hand in his.

I smiled to myself, as we walked hand in hand to his personal chambers. When we entered, I smirked to myself. The last time I had been here, I had been in his bed. The feeling sent a rush of adrenaline through me. Sev waved his wand to lock the door, along with the usual silencing charm.

Severus turned to face me, "You seem distressed, Scarlet."

I let out a sigh, smiling slightly, as I sat down on his couch. A second later, he joined me.

"I had another dream." I stated, looking up to gauge his reaction.

Sev raised an eyebrow, "What about?"

I felt tears come to my eyes, but I quickly swiped them away. "My mother."

Sensing my sorrow, his arms instantly wrapped around me, pulling me closer to his chest. I felt him place a kiss on the top of my head. I closed my eyes as he held me, for a moment, feeling safe.

I pulled back from him, taking a deep breath as I did. "My mother appeared to me in my dream. She told me so many things, it's all so confusing."

"What did she tell you?" Severus asked.

"Severus....I'm a Siren." I admitted the biggest piece of information first.

His brows furrowed in confusion, and I started feeling nervous, but I continued.

"She also told me that I was of the last Sirens in our family, and that I would be sought. But she didn't tell me for what. I needed to know more, so early this morning I went to the library, and I found out some more things. I have different powers, Sev. Ones I didn't even know I had."

"Like what, Scarlet?"

"I have the power of persuasion. All I have to do is turn it on, like a switch, and I can manipulate man or woman to do whatever I make them do. It's like putting them under a spell."

I met Sev's eyes, and he looked confused still.

I sighed, starting to feel emotional. "It makes me think, if, whether or not you truly love me, or if it's I who is somehow manipulating you to love me. It scares me, because I don't want it to be true. I need you to tell me if I'm wrong. You said once that I put you under a spell, and I don't want our relationship to be that way. I don't want you being with me by force. It should be your choice."

There was a moment of silence before he spoke. "My love, everything I feel for you is genuine. I'm choosing you because I want you, not because you have me under your spell. Yes, I may have said that, but I meant it in the best way possible. I'm in love with you, Scarlet Kingsley, and I promise you that will never change."

I smiled, and leaned in, kissing him. His hands tangled in my hair, and my arms wrapped around his neck, as I straddled his lap. Our tongues met, fighting for dominance, and this time I was winning. We made out for a few minutes, before I pulled away, breathless. I ran my hand through my now messy hair, as I looked down at Sev from under my lashes.

"There's something else, Sev." I whispered.

He raised an eyebrow in a seductive manner, and it took everything within me not to ravage him.

"Do tell." he said.

I smirked before standing up, and holding out my hand for him to grab.

"Follow me, and we shall see."

*****

We scanned the grounds for students, and to our luck, there wasn't one in sight. We walked side by side, as we entered the Forbidden Forest.

Sev stopped us in our tracks. "Miss Kingsley, you do know we are breaking a school rule." He gave me a look.

I giggled, smirking, "Let's just add it to the list of other school rules we've broken." I replied, giving him a knowing glance.

His lips curled up into a teasing smirk, "Why are we here?" he asked, ignoring my insinuation.

I took a deep breath, and closed my eyes.

"Sirena, Venustas, Alis." I muttered, under my breath.

I felt slight pinching erupt throughout my back, as if something was pushing its way out. My heart was racing excitedly.

I opened my eyes, and Sev was staring in wonder. I turned my head, coming face to face with one of my deep black wings. I reached up to touch it. It felt smooth and confined, not furry as I would have thought.

I smiled wide, as I turned my head to face forward, to face Severus.

"I have wings." I stated.

Sev let out a short chuckle, "You don't say."

I walked closer to him, feeling my wings flap behind me.

"Think I can fly?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

Before he could object, I jumped off the ground, and almost automatically my wings flapped against the air, keeping me steady. I flew in a slow circle above Severus, getting the hang of flying. I smiled happily. This was unbelievable, unreal. Captivating. After a couple minutes, I decided to come back down to Earth.

I landed right in front of Severus.

"Alis, Venustas, Sirena." I whispered, and I felt the slight pinch, as my wings retracted.

I let out a breath. "So, what do you think?"

He took one step forward, and captured my lips with his own. I smiled against the kiss. His arms wrapped around my lower back, and we fell back against a tree together, but we obviously didn't mind.

Severus pulled back slightly, hand caressing my cheek. "I think you're beautiful."

I smirked, hands playing with his many buttons. "Even with wings?"

His eyes gleamed with amusement, and he smirked attractively before replying.

"Even with wings."

*********

A/N: there you go! Let me know what you think. :) -Hannah