Chapter 19

Later that night

"Scarlet, hurry up, I have to use the bathroom!" Emaly squealed through the door.

I chuckled to myself, and unlocked the door for her to enter.

She stepped inside, and gave me a look. "What are you doing?"

Her eyes flitted to the piles of makeup sitting on the bathroom sink.

I shrugged, "Nothing."

Emaly laughed, as I worked to cover my reddening cheeks.

"You know, I could help you get ready for your "detention" with Snape." She made sure to use her fingers to emphasize quotation marks around the word 'detention'.

I sighed, "I'm just a bit nervous, is all. I don't know what he has planned, so I don't know what I should do with myself."

Emaly smiled. "If he wanted you to look any special way, I think he would of stated so in your letter. I'm certain he likes you they way you always look, Scar."

I chuckled, "Yeah, I guess. It's just...I don't want this thing between him and I to end. I don't think I can go back to being miserable. I'm tired of it, Em."

Emaly sat down next to me on the edge of the bathtub. "It won't Scarlet. You were always strong, and you still are. You're just happier. Now come on, get up."

I rolled my eyes playfully and followed her out of the bathroom.

I sat down on my bed. It was pitch dark outside, and Emaly and I were the only students awake at this hour.

I walked to my dresser, and fumbled around until I found what I was looking for. I held it up for Em to observe.

"Lingerie?! Scarlet Lila Kingsley, are you out of your mind?!" she gasped, grabbing it from my hands.

I laughed, and sat down on my bed again. "What do you mean?"

"You cannot wear this on your first sort-of date with Professor Snape. You don't want to give off the wrong impression. Plus, are you sure you're ready for that kind of step?? It's quite fast, don't you think?!" Emaly explained, while throwing the ensemble back into my dresser drawer.

I giggled. "Okay, okay. I get it. I'll just do lace, alright? You can never go wrong with lace."

Emmy playfully glared at me. "You're hopeless. I cannot believe I'm encouraging this."

I just smirked.

*******

"Lumos!" I whispered, as I stepped out of the common room, and into the dark corridor. I looked left, then right, making sure no one was awake so I wouldn't be caught. I started to walk quietly down the hall, as to not alert Mrs. Norris or Filch, wherever they may have been lurking. It felt like forever, but I finally arrived at the Potions classroom.

"Nox!" I whispered, before setting my wand into my boot. I took a deep breath, and knocked twice on the door.

No answer.

'Not again.' I thought.

I sighed, and knowing I couldn't stand suspiciously outside in the hallway, I entered the classroom.

The room was dark, with one candle lit on his desk. My brows furrowed with confusion.

"Severus?" I muttered.

Just as I was about to light my wand, hands gripped me around my waist, and pushed me gently against the wall. I felt lips kiss my neck softly. I smirked, and closed my eyes, as a silky voice spoke by my ear.