Chapter 46

My eyes were closed as I laid against his chest, and I could hear his beautiful heartbeat.
His fingers were running gently through my hair, and his other hand was wound around my waist under the silk bed sheets.
"Mrs. Snape.." Sev muttered.
I sighed in contentment, and then opened my eyes, looking up at my husband.
"I'll never get tired of that." I mused, leaving a short kiss on his chest.
He let out a laugh, which was so foreign to his personality, but lovely to hear.
I held my hand out and admired my ring.
The diamonds glinted.
"Who would've thought?" I chuckled.
Severus just smiled in response.
Our honeymoon was broken when the sound of commotion rang from down below.
I could hear screams of the students, and what sounded like spells being cast. I heard a huge thump, and I knew Professor McGonagall had cast a protection spell, resulting in stone soldiers having appeared to protect the boundaries of the school.
My stomach twisted uncomfortably.
It was beginning.
I snuggled closer into Sev's chest, and his arm grew tighter, almost protectively, around me.
"I know this might sound strange coming out of my mouth, but I'm scared, Sev." I whispered faintly, surprised myself at how weak I sounded.
Severus sighed against the top of my head.
"I know you are, love. And I know this will sound strange coming from I, but I'm a bit scared as well."
I looked up at him, eyes wide.
"You are?"
His face was solemn. "I am."
I bit my lip nervously. "Since when has Severus Snape been afraid?"
"Since I realized that I might lose you tonight. War is here, Scarlet."
I sighed, meeting his gaze. "I know. But it's okay. We have each other. We're strong. And brave, don't forget."
Sev smirked slightly, sending delightful shivers up my spine.
"That we are. However, I am at my strongest when you're by my side."
I smirked, running my hand lower down his chest, and under the sheets covering our naked bodies.
Sev's eyes seemed to shift into lust, and he gripped my hand gently.
"You're still such a tease, Mrs. Snape." He purred attractively.
I tried not to smile, but it was hard.
"Don't underestimate me, Sev." I whispered back, a flirtatious tone to my voice.
Before he could catch his breath, I was straddling him, and his hands were situated loosely on my exposed thighs.
I placed my forehead against his, smiling.
"So..baby names? What do you prefer?" I asked, giggling at his shocked expression.
"A little soon, aren't we?" He chuckled, and I shivered at his velvet tone.
"It's never too soon." I teased, kissing his nose lightly.
There was a second of silence before Sev answered, giving me a look.
"I prefer Juliet for a girl, and Tobias for a boy."
I genuinely smiled, running my hands through his silky, messy hair.
"I adore those names. Very regal and classic, just like you." I laughed.
Before my husband could respond, there was a ruckus from outside the headmaster's office.
We both sat straight up in the bed, me still straddled on top of him.
We exchanged a look of confusion.
Just then the noise got louder, and more chaotic.
My stomach twisted yet again.
I looked to Severus, who seemed panicked, but only in his eyes.
"Sev?" I questioned.
He looked to me.
"We should get dressed. Quickly."
*******