Chapter 35

*Time Skip to the day before Hogwarts classes start*

Scarlet's POV

I stuck my wand in my boot, and took in a deep breath.

"Are you ready to depart?"

I turned around to face Severus, who was standing in the doorway of our bedroom.

I nodded, walking to stand in front of him. He grabbed my hand gently and we trudged down the stairs to where our bags were packed.

We were going back to Hogwarts. And I was increasingly nervous. Out of habit now, I looked down at the necklace hanging around my neck. The charm was hidden within my cleavage, which was a good thing, because the Dark Mark was etched onto it. The Dark Lord obliged to my request, and instead of plaguing me with the tattoo on my forearm, he gave me a necklace, that would vibrate every time he called. It was like the Dark Mark, but without the pain. He had presented it to me at the last meeting.

I pulled myself back from my thoughts, and Severus picked up our bags. Instinctively, I gripped his arm, and the sickening feeling I despised came over me as we apparated.

Seconds later, we were in Sev's private chambers. It hadn't changed a bit.

I sat down on the couch, watching him walk around and start to get things together for classes, which started tomorrow.

Since I had chosen to become a DeathEater, things have seemed to change. I wasn't happy, and neither was Sev. Our love was strong, yes, but we were both stuck in a predicament we hadn't wanted. Life felt dark, but all I cared about was that I had Severus by my side. On more than one occasion, he had made it clear that he will always love me no matter what, and I assured him that I would always feel that way as well.

We were both going to be stationed in Hogwarts, however, Dumbledore was unaware of it. At least, not yet aware of me being here. We had to tell him.

As if on cue, Sev's fireplace lit up green, and the old wizard appeared. A small smirk played on my lips, and I stood up.

"What a surprise." I stated, coming to stand next to Severus.

Dumbledore's eyes twinkled as he folded his hands over his robes. A blackness engulfing one of them caught my eye, but I said nothing.

"I just came to welcome you back for another year, Severus, but I see you are busy." he stated, smiling knowingly.

I couldn't help but let out a short laugh, as Sev scowled as per usual.

"There's something you must know." I started, breaking the sudden silence.

Dumbledore nodded for me to continue.

"I...I am a spy now." I stuttered out quickly, as I felt Sev tense beside me.

"Ahh. I see, Miss Kingsley. Perhaps you mean a double agent?" Dumbledore asked curiously.

I nodded in response. "It was the only way I could save myself and Severus from being killed." I admitted, glancing at the potions professor. I held up my necklace, so the Dark Mark was clearly visible.

Dumbledore nodded in understanding. "Very well. It is always good to have another person on the inside. One last thing before I take my leave, however. Severus, I'm promoting you. Move your school things. You are now my new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor for this year. Professor Slughorn will teach Potions in your place." The magnificent wizard smiled, and with a green flash of the fireplace, he was gone.

I turned to Severus, a smile on my face. "Well, congratulations. I know you've always wanted that position."

His lips curled up into a slight smirk, and his hand found my cheek. "I have this feeling that you're my lucky charm."

I giggled, as our lips met. He tasted as he always did, and I reveled in it. In what felt effortless, he had picked me up, and I wrapped my legs around his torso. My body felt weak as his lips trailed down my neck. In what felt like seconds, we were on his bed, I underneath his body. His hands trailed down my curves, and he pulled off each article of clothing on me. I did the same to him, and I was breathing heavily with lust as he continued to kiss me.

All I could feel was pleasure through my sex-induced haze. I would never get tired of this ecstasy.

*****

A couple hours later

"You still have things to do to prepare for school tomorrow." I playfully reprimanded Severus, pointing a finger into his chest.

He pretended to bite my finger, and I laughed, pulling it back.

"I would much rather engage in other activities." Severus whispered into my ear, his velvet voice music to my ears.

I rolled my eyes in a teasing manner before looking at him. "I distracted you."

"What if I don't mind being distracted?" he quipped back, smirking attractively.

I bit my lip, trying so hard not to smirk. "I could stay like this forever, actually."

With that, I laid my head on his chest, careful not to put all of my weight on him. I wrapped my leg around him underneath the blanket.

There was a short silence, before Severus spoke again.

"It could be forever."

I froze, and turned my head up to look at him, eyebrow raised. "What are you playing at?"

Before I could prepare myself, Sev had waved his wand, and a small black box appeared on the bed.

I had no words in my mouth, and no thoughts in my mind.

He picked it up, and turned his body towards me.

I felt my breath hitch in my throat.

"I've been planning this for quite a while, even when you were still my student. It may be too soon, but one is never too sure of what each new day will bring. Our futures are uncertain, so while we are able to, I would like to ask you something rather important, Scarlet Kingsley, and my hope is that you will oblige. I've fallen in love with you, something I never thought possible for someone like me. You have brought out the best in me, feelings I had hidden away. Scarlet, you changed everything I have ever known. And now I ask, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

******

A/N: it's been so long...a dang week! I apologize, but college is a wreck. I did warn you all though! Anyways, soooooo.....yeah. that happened. What will she say? How will this effect everything? We shall see when I update next. Comment, vote, do your thing! x -Hannah