Chapter 50

Epilogue
5 years later

"Mommy, mommy!!"
My eyes shot open at the voice of my five year old daughter.
I smiled, and sat up in the bed, motioning for my little girl to join me.
"You know better than to wake me up this early." I playfully scolded, patting her unruly bed hair down.
"I know, Mommy. I just couldn't sleep." She replied, hanging her head.
I sighed. Just like I have nightmares, Juliet has dreams.
She has dreams about her father all the time. At first she didn't  know it was him, but when she described Severus to me after the first dream, I told her who he was, and told her everything she needed to know about him.
I nodded in understanding.
"I can't sleep much either babydoll." I whispered.
It was silent for a moment.
"Do you ever miss Daddy, Mommy?" Juliet asked me, almost hesitantly.
I pulled her into my arms, cuddling with her.
"Every second of every day." I admitted.
There wasn't a day that goes by that I don't miss Severus. If he was alive today, he would be so proud to have a daughter, Juliet Rosalie Snape. I just know he would. He picked her name after all.
"I told you once that Daddy picked your first name, right my darling?" I asked.
My daughter nodded excitedly, looking up at me.
"You did, Mommy."
She was so beautiful. Round cherub face, angelic little voice and black raven hair like her father and I. The most resembling was the color of her eyes. She had her father's eyes. As black as obsidian. She looked more like him than she looked like me.
It was painful to look at her sometimes, but I cherished her all the same. She was my world.
"Don't you think it's about time to get dressed? I want to get there early." I told her.
In response, she jumped out of my arms, and hopped off the bed, running to her room.
I smiled softly, and got out of bed myself.
I showered, and dressed, making my way down to Juliet's room. Her door was open a crack, so I peeked in.
She was sitting on her bed, holding a newspaper with a headline I knew all too well.
The moving picture of Severus as the new Hogwarts headmaster was the only photograph she had of her father.
My hands found my necklace. I gripped his wedding ring in my fingers gently.
"Are you ready to go, honey?" I asked, breaking her out of her trance.
She nodded, almost solemnly. She walked out, and gripped my hand, as we apparated.
*******
I took a breath in, and looked down at my daughter in reassurance. She smiled lightly, as if to reassure me as well.
We walked up the grassy hill and stopped in front of our destination. Because he was a war hero, and a professor here, it was only right that he was buried here on the outskirts of Hogwarts. It was the least they could do, seeing as they wouldn't hang up his portrait at all. It's whereabouts were unknown.
I felt a lump in my throat, but swallowed it.
The tears were flowing before I could even stop them.
Juliet let go of my hand, and kneeled down in the grass, in front of the gravestone.
"Hi, Daddy. It's Juliet. Well, we're back. It's been another year without you, but I just wanted to say: I love you. I know I never met you, but I do. Okay, well, I don't have a lot to say, so here's Mommy."
I let out a breath, and kneeled down next to my daughter on the grass.
I smiled.
"Hey, Sev. Here we are again. It's been five years, and as always I wish you were still here. I wish you could have met your daughter. You did technically name her after all. Anyways, we love you. We always will, and I know you're with us in spirit."
I took in a breath, tears pricking my eyes again, even after I wiped them away.
"I miss you so much, Severus. There's not a moment that goes by that I don't miss you; your voice, your touch, your comfort, everything. But, it gets easier every day to think about you. And if you're listening, we're going to be fine. I raised our daughter strong, just like her mother and father. Don't worry about us. We have each other. I hope you're resting in peace up there. See you next year, my love."
"Bye Daddy. I love you. See you soon." Juliet whispered in ending. I wiped away a stray tear from my daughter's face.
We stood up together, standing in silence for a moment.

Everything was different, there was no question about that.
But I knew in my heart that everything would be okay.

THE END
*****
A/N: that is all folks. Thank you to all who invested their time in reading this, I really appreciated all the comments & motivation...it kept me determined to finish this. I'm happy that I wrote this story, I really am. I hope you guys enjoyed Scarlet & Severus's love story.
Feel free to check out any of my other fics if you so choose.
I love you all x
-Hannah