Chapter 38

Scarlet's POV

I held in a breath as the room fell silent, just looking at Severus, and waiting for his response.

"Brother?" he asked, eyebrow raised.

I scoffed. "That was my exact question when I met him. I had a brother my whole life, and I had no idea." I explained, standing up, and walking out from behind my little desk.

Sev's brows furrowed in confusion. "How did you meet him?"

I bit my lip nervously, looking down at the floor, avoiding his eyes. "He...um...helped my father kidnap me." I murmured.

I flinched as I heard Sev jump up from his chair in anger. "THAT CHILD HAD A PART IN YOUR KIDNAPPING?!" he yelled, his voice echoing out into the classroom. I just looked at him in shock.

I've never seen him this angry.

I stepped closer. "Sev, love, calm down---"

I was ignored, as he raced out of the classroom, cape billowing. My heart was pounding as I ran after him. Thankfully, students were already in their next class, so we weren't at risk of being caught.

"Severus!!" I called, as he stormed down the hallway. Somehow I managed to catch up to him, and I threw myself in front of him to stop his tracks.

"What in bloody hell do you think you're doing?!" he sneered.

I crossed my arms, glaring at him. "Stopping you from committing an act that would land you in the oh so cozy prison called Azkaban."

Sev's eyes began to soften, but I could still tell he was angry.

His hand found my cheek, caressing it with his thumb. "I apologize for raising my voice at you. I wish you would have told me about all of this."

I sighed, enjoying his gentle hand. "I didn't think it mattered. All I cared about was that you had found me. I was counting on never seeing him, or my father, ever again. But clearly, that isn't the case."

Severus ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "All I ever wish to do is protect you, Scarlet. I will do just that."

I chuckled a little. "I appreciate that, but not at the expense of your dignity. Leave it be, Sev. Trust me..I can handle this."

He observed me silently for a moment, an attractive smirk on his face. I could feel my insides melting.

"If I sense any problems arising, I will come to your defense in an instant, Scarlet. You know that."

I giggled, lips hovering over his. "I expect nothing less."

*******

One week later

I turned over, subconsciously rubbing my hand over the bed, only to find it empty. I opened my eyes, and sat up.

"Sev?" I called out.

I heard noise coming from outside of the bedroom, and in just a silk robe, made my way out. I entered the kitchen, to find my fiancée sitting at the kitchen table, Daily Prophet in hand, and a plate of food placed in front of the seat across from him.

I smirked. "I see you've been busy this morning."

I could hear the smile in his voice as he replied. "Obviously."

I sat down, smiling to myself. It was the little things, like cooking breakfast, that made me fall deeper in love with him each day.

"What's the plan for today?" I asked as I ate.

"I have classes to teach, why do you ask?" Severus asked, slight smirk on his face as he looked at me over the newspaper.

I smirked back. "No reason."

Sev glared at me playfully. "That's what they all say, Miss Kingsley."

********

One hour later

"Must I always sit in this uncomfortable desk?" I pretended to whine as we entered the classroom.

Snape turned around to face me, eyes shining with amusement. "Do not whine, Mrs. Snape. It's quite the turnoff."

I froze in place, eyes wide, a huge grin on my face. "Um..." I couldn't even speak; all I could do was stutter.

"Yes?"

"You just called me Mrs. Snape." I stated, once again it being the obvious.

Sev smirked, staring into my eyes, and I lost myself in his. "Why not test it out? And if I may, I like the sound of it."

I tried to hide my happiness, but I couldn't help the smirk growing on my lips. "As do I. It suits me."

In response, my fiancée laughed, and it was music to my ears.

********

"Class dismissed." Severus growled, and the students shot out of their seats, and made their way out. Moments later, the classroom was silent once more.

I caught the professor's eye, and stepped closer.

No words had to be spoken, because Sev had scooped me into his arms, and set me down on the desk. I wrapped my legs around his torso, the feeling of him erupting pleasure throughout my body. Our tongues tangoed, and I felt shivers go up my spine as we kissed. I couldn't help but think about how sexy it was, and how we were able to do it in peace, without worrying about the consequences.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door.

Severus pulled away, and I held back a giggle at his frustrated expression.

"Why must we always be interrupted?" he whispered.

I smiled. "Not sure, but you better answer it. It could be important."

He kissed my cheek, and straightened himself up. With a flick of his wand, the door opened, and a seventh year girl stepped forward.

"Hello Professor." she smirked.

"Ms. Winter. What can I help you with?" Severus asked monotonously.

"Sorry to disturb you, Professor Snape, but I just don't seem to understand the material in class. So, I was wondering, if perhaps you would give me extra lessons, tutoring, I should say." she asked.

Her eyes seemed to swim with desire as she looked up at Severus with anticipation and admiration. I cleared my throat, announcing my presence.

She scanned me over, and she flustered, but still managed to keep her seductive attitude.

"I'll come back another time, Professor Snape."

With that, she left, and Sev shut the door.

I eyed him, my mind filled with mixed emotions. I knew what this girl was trying to do, because I was her a year ago. I just hoped Severus wouldn't fall for it. But, I trusted him, and that's all I needed to do.

His lips capturing mine faded away all unpleasant thoughts in my mind, and pleasure took over.

******

A/N: sorry for how long it's been guys. college is crazy, and i'm super stressed. I hope you guys enjoy this quick chapter. I'm very much certain of where this story is going. vote, comment, do ur thing x -Hannah