Chapter 37

Scarlet's POV

I continued walking down to the dungeons. I walked inside Sev and I's shared Hogwarts quarters, and shut the door. I walked to the bedroom, and crawled into the bed, pulling the covers over my body.

My mind was swirling with panic. Why was Jonathan here, in Hogwarts?! I had no idea where he was after the first day of my kidnapping, and I haven't seen him since. What motive could he possibly have for being here?

That's the thing. I had no idea, and it was bugging me out. He helped my dad kidnap me, for Merlin's sake! Didn't he? What if he wants to hurt me? Has he been in communication with my father while he's currently been in Azkaban?

I was so focused on my unanswered questions, that I didn't hear the bedroom door open, until I heard his velvet voice.

"Are you alright?" he whispered to me, as I felt him slide into the bed next to me. His hand instinctively wound around my waist gently. I could feel that he was fully clothed as he pulled me closer to his body.

I smiled, closing my eyes, and leaning back into his natural warmth.

"I am now." I whispered.

I could sense Sev's suspicion by how he chuckled against my hair.

"You expect me to believe that? You didn't even eat breakfast, and that is an unheard-of occurrence for you."

I sighed nervously, yet playfully at his insistence. "How is it that you always know when I'm lying?"

Severus grasped my chin lightly and forced me to look at him. "Because I know you." he replied, smirking attractively.

I rolled my eyes in a teasing manner, as I sat up, leaning back against the headboard.

"Do you now?" I bit my lip, eyeing him up and down.

Sev rose an eyebrow, half scowling. "Do not tempt me, Miss Kingsley. We have a class to attend to. However, this conversation is not over, I assure you." His eyes shone with amusement, so I knew he was only half-serious.

I sighed, and swung my legs out of the bed, standing up. I faced my fiancée and smirked saucily.

"Lead the way, Professor."

*******

I followed behind Severus as he pulled me along, towards the classroom. I couldn't help but smile at how cute this was. This was how I pictured 'love' in my mind. However, I never would have thought I would find love with a man like Severus Snape. But I was beyond happy that I did.

My reverie was broken as we approached the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, and stepped inside. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the pride swimming in Sev's eyes. He was where he had always wanted to be, and I couldn't be more happy for him.

"In your natural habitat, aren't you?" I whispered, smiling up at him.

He glanced at me, and nodded. "At last, Albus has given me what I wanted."

There was an unidentifiable emotion in his eyes, but as quick as it was there, it was gone a split second later.

I looked around the room, before taking in a breath. "So......where do you want me?"

Severus rose an eyebrow yet again, ghost of a smirk on his lips. "Would you really like me to answer that question, Miss Kingsley?"

I laughed, "You know what I meant."

He waved his wand, and a small desk appeared to the right of his.

"Make yourself comfortable, Scarlet." he told me, before sitting down at his new and improved desk.

I did as he asked. It felt like no time before I could hear the kids standing outside the door, waiting to be let inside the classroom.

I looked to Severus, who gave me a nod. I flicked my wand once, and the door opened. Slytherins and Hufflepuffs started to file inside. I noticed, unfortunately, that Harry and my old friends weren't in this class for this hour. I took in a deep breath, as Severus stood swiftly, and walked around to stand in front of his desk. Students scrambled to a seat, and the room was silent in respect and or fear. Even I was silent. He really knew how to command a classroom, among other things. I smirked to myself mentally at the thought.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving, or silly incantations in this class. Everything you will be taught is of utmost importance to the subject, so I expect as such that you all will execute necessary spells with maturity, not foolishness. Those who wish to learn how to defend themselves against the Dark Arts will flourish in this class. However, I will feel no sympathy for those who fail to succeed. That is their doing, and theirs alone. We will explore not only defensive spells, but the Dark Arts as a whole. How else will students such as yourselves learn to protect your well-being if you do not learn about the dangers outside of Hogwarts?"

My eyes glanced around. Stunned into silence, the class was.

Severus turned around to summon the chalk to start scribbling on the blackboard. Our eyes met, and as a moment passed between just us, he winked. I smirked in return.

He turned back around to face the class. He scowled.

"Why... aren't you all writing this down?!"

********

As the class was dismissed, I sat back in my chair, arms crossed.

It was intriguing to be on the other side of Sev's teachings for once.

As the last student fled out of the classroom, I opened my mouth to compliment Severus, but I didn't get the chance.

A throat cleared, and I looked up towards the door where it came from.

My breathing hitched, and Severus followed my gaze.

"Get out." Was all I was able to say.

Jonathan just pouted, or pretended to, who knows. I have no clue how twisted he is.

"Is that any way to greet me?" he asked.

My eyes narrowed, despite my rising panic. "I believe it is precisely the way to greet a horrible bastard like you."

Jonathan narrowed his eyes, before letting out a frustrated breath. "You don't even know me, Scarlet."

I scoffed, seeming to forget that Severus was in the room this whole time. "Why would I want to? Get out, before I hex you into oblivion."

Before Jon could respond, my fiancée spoke.

"I believe the lady asked you to leave." Sev uttered calmly, with a hint of malice underneath.

My brother gave me an unreadable glance, before walking out of the doorway, and disappearing around the corner.

I took a relaxing breath in, then out.

"Who, by Merlin, was that?" Severus asked, confusion knitting his brow.

I met his eyes. "That was my disgrace of a brother, Jonathan James Kingsley."

******

A/N: I find some of the early scenes of this chapter between Sev and Scar very adorable. Sometimes I just can't help but write cute things. Sorry. :) (i'm actually not really sorry lol I love cute Severus) Anyways, you know what to do: comment, vote, the norm. xx -Hannah