Let's Make A Deal

"Ellie, I'll give you one last chance." Elliot said while holding a firm gaze. "You need to get a hold of your emotions and do as I say. One more outburst and you're being sent back to the facility. You know you can't run from me and you know running won't solve your problems. I've brought Holly and Royce here today so you can clear everything up and get everything out. You are free to speak at my house and transform however you'd like but-"
I cut him off.

"However I'd like?" I snorted, "since when was I able to choose when and how I could transform?"

Elliot stared for a moment then continued- ignoring my comments.

"We'll be going back to my place so please try to not leave again. You may do as you wish on my property but you must stay on my property." He paused for a moment before turning away. "It would be wise of you to not attack me or plot an escape again. Even I can only do so much." Elliot finished while walking to the car.

I pierced a suspicious glare at him.
"This offer is awfully kind of you- considering we were at each other's throats yesterday."

Elliot paused and glanced at us while opening the car door. "Awfully kind indeed." He smirked, as he got inside the car.

Aron and I gave each other a few looks before agreeing to get in with them. The person I was looking for was in that car and I was being given the opportunity to talk to him. No matter what secret reason Elliot had for this, it didn't matter because I'd still benefit by getting what I wanted.

The atmosphere was uneasy as I opened the door and saw Royce and Holly sitting together.

"You sit up front, Ellie. I'll sit in the back." Aron said as he climbed in before me.

I gave him a slight smile, thanking him for taking my spot.

The car ride was silent- dead silent, and no one dared to speak a word, not until we arrived back at Elliot's home. The drive wasn't the worst part though.

One by one we entered Elliot's house in a line. Elliot led the way to his living room where we all found spots to sit, a good distance away from one another of course.

I sat on a small sofa near the fire place with Aron. Royce sat on the couch diagonally across near the coffee table while Holly stuck to him like glue. Elliot walked to his desk in the corner of the room, shuffling and flipping through a stack of papers.

"Make yourselves at home. I know it's early but I have rooms ready for you when you'd like to go to sleep or if you'd like to rest and... Separate from each other." Elliot said hunting atheist obvious tense and uncomfortable atmosphere. 

"Aron, your bedroom is the third room on the right up stairs. Holly yours is across from Aron's." He said while gesturing to the stair case.
"Ellie, yours is the second door on the right upstairs next to Aron's." Aron and I looked at each other slightly relived that we were close by each other.
"Royce," Elliot continued, "yours is the first door on the right... Next to Ellie's." My heart stopped for a moment when I heard Royce's name and mine in the same sentence. I wasn't sure whether to be happy that he wasn't near Holly or angry that he was so close to me.

Elliot looked at us as we all stayed silent, waiting to hear if we had any disagreements but no one said a word.

"Anyone have anything to say or ask?" Elliot paused. Though he asked, he knew there would be no reply.

It was an awkward atmosphere and an intense one too. No one knew what to say. It was no longer like the old times where we could all speak our minds. No. It was no longer like that at all. The happiness, the laughter, the respect for each other... the love.. it was all gone.  All that remained was a battered friendship, a black hatred, and a shattered heart.