The New Kid

My knees became weak as I fell to the floor in tears. The two people I cared for most disappeared from my life with the blink of an eye. The thought of never seeing Royce made my heart ache, How could he say that he loves me and then leave? I curled up in bed slowly crying as I fell asleep. My dream was a long happy one that had Royce and Aron in it but I woke up to the cruel reality of them not being here. My alarm clock kept ringing as I slowly opened my eyes. Time for school. I started having flashbacks of when I would yell at Royce and Aron to get out of my bed and when I would help them get dressed by choosing their clothes.

I looked in the mirror and saw my eyes were still a bit swollen from crying. I walked over to my closet and began changing my clothes. Once I was done changing, I walked into the living room remembering how Aron and Royce would fight while watching T.V. Tears slipped from my eyes down to my chin, falling onto the floor. I wonder where it all went wrong? I wiped my tears trying to stay strong. I can't just lose myself. As I passed the kitchen I remembered when we would all sit down and eat together. Who would have known that the most beautiful memories can still bring you pain. I sat down placing one hand on my forehead. I was thinking if I should still go to school or not. Just then there was a knock on the door.

Could it be Royce and Aron!? I rushed to the door with a smile on my face. As I opened the door I noticed that the person standing there was neither Royce or Aron, it was Jake. He looked at my startled as his eyes widened. I couldn't fight back the tears that were soon to come. My smile turned into a frown as I was about to cry. Jake suddenly pulled me into his chest and embraced me.

"W-What are you doing?" I said trying to hold back the tears.

"If you need to cry go ahead and do it, I promise I will be your support." Jake said holding me tighter.

"What do you mean? I'm fine." I said in a low quite voice.

"I know what happened. I know why you are sad so go ahead and cry and I'll talk to you about it once you start feeling better." Jake said gently stroking my hair. The way he spoke to me was much different than how he normally would. His voice was low and calm yet strong, making you feel like everything was going to be ok unlike how he used to speak with a happy, laughing, carefree voice. Both ways were fine but for some reason they way he spoke to me just now it made me feel a little better. I began to cry and he wiped my tears. Once I felt like I couldn't cry anymore we stood up and he held onto my hand as we started walking to school. I began to blush as he held tightly onto my hand while walking a head of me. I didn't have the courage to ask him why he was doing this and I don't know why I didn't pull away from him.

We walked the whole way not saying a word. When we got to school we were late and we got scolded by the teacher. School went on just like any other but people were still wondering what happened to Royce and Aron since we all disappeared from school at the same time. There were many rumors spreading around the school but I simply ignored them. After school Jake walked me home but this time he was back to normal, acting happy and cheerful.

Little by little as time passed by Jake would come to see me everyday and we would talk and hang out. Slowly I began to smile and talk more again. Because of Jake I was starting to move forward. I didn't cry as often but occasionally at night I would miss them. Every morning Jake would come to my house and we would walk to school together. Once we were at school Jake would only hang out with me, leaving all of his other friends behind. Many of the girls would get mad but they wouldn't do anything because they knew they couldn't, not in front of Jake anyway. After school Jake would come over to my place and we would play games and take turns cooking dinner. Then once I fell asleep he would go home. On weekends we would have sleep overs and we would stay up late watching old movies. Jake stayed with me every moment he had and I couldn't thank him enough for it. Its not like he filled the hole in my heart its more like he covered it up so I wouldn't notice that it was there.