The lie

"I lied to you about being tested on. And that man wasn't my owner he was my brother. I ran away from my parents because I was caught changing human in front of some people and they called the police who contacted the government. And now I'm being hunted so I left because I didn't want to risk the chance of my family being found out and caught. I didn't want to put them in harms way." He said while standing up and looking away.

"What? Have you contacted them? What if they are worried and desperately looking for you?" I said trying to process everything in my head.

"I can't." He said looking down.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because I'm already being followed and because of me, now so are you" he said looking away.

"What I'm being followed!"

"I didn't plan on becoming close to you or anything so I was fine with it, as long as it would protect my family but now I regret it. I would hate myself if I put you in harms way. Right now I think they are just studying you to see if you are human though." He said as if he was going to break down in tears.

I could see the regret and self hatred already beginning to form.

Honestly though, I have also grown attached to him in some ways so its not like I will be able to kick him out. What should I do?

"If they do research wont they know I'm human?''

"They thought I was human." he said as if to prove to me that they don't care about birth records and such since it proved to not be true. I took a deep breath in to help relieve my tension.

"Don't worry I will be fine. And besides, at this point, there is no reason for me to be mad since I saw this coming long ago and I have been preparing myself for just in case this would happen" I said with a reassuring smile.

That was a complete lie. I was still a little shocked and unsure of what I should do if I were confronted or kidnapped by people of the government, but what I did know was that there wasn't any point in making us both feel bad and making us form a shallow relationship with one another. I do need some time to think alone though.

As I waited for the light rain to end and the sun to come out, I thought of an excuse to have some alone time.

"I'm going to the store you stay here ok? And don't go near the window or anything just stay in the closet or bathroom alright?" I said grabbing money and putting my jacket on.

"Wait I wanna come with you! What if something happens?" He said alarmed.

"It's alright." I said with a reassuring smile. He sat back down and looked saddened.

"Hey Ellie I didn't mean to drag you into this. Please come back safe..." He said.

I smiled then left. I know I shouldn't be out alone, its pretty stupid actually but when I think about it, if they were going to do some thing to me, they would have done it along time ago.

As I was walking I felt like someone was following me.

I'm probably just feeling paranoid because of what Royce said.

I glanced over my shoulder and nothing was there. Yup I'm paranoid.

A few moments later, I heard foot steps behind me and this time they were coming towards me fast. I quickly turned around startled only to run into someone.

"Whoa!" A voice cried out. I looked up and I was chest to chest with some man.

He looked young, like the same age as me, so he couldn't be a government spy or anything.