Clarence?

After school, I walked home with Aron since, apparently, Royce decided to hang out with Holly for a little bit before going home.

'Cuz I guess seeing her at the party later just wouldn't be enough right?.

Anger burned in me but even more than that, jealousy was exploding in every part of my mind.

I have no right to judge Holly, a girl I don't even know, but the way Royce was treating her made me hate her guts more than anything.

I had observed her all day and found as many things as I could to dislike about her.

I hated everything from the way she looked to the way she acted.

Becoming like this, a type of person who criticizes the people they envy, I never thought I would end up like that. I never thought I would become like the one type of person you should never be.

The type that judges others for self pleasure.

The type who finds faults in others to become more pleased with themselves. The type that hates people who have done nothing wrong.

Though I know this, I still can't help but be jealous of her.

"You ok?" Aron asked as we were walking home.

The image of Royce about to kiss Holly popped in my head, sending my mind and heart fuming with displeasure.

"I'm fine." I snapped back.

"Oh yes, you seem totally fine. I can tell by the way you replied so aggressively to an innocent being such as myself." Aron said back sarcastically.

I sighed, calming my nerves and trying to force my mind off of Royce.

"Sorry, it's really nothing." I said with a calmer tone.

"If it really was nothing then you wouldn't be so depressed right now. What happened?" Aron asked, not letting me drop the subject.

I can't tell him anything because he'll find out about me and Royce, but he won't back off with out an explanation either.

"Tell me Ellie. What's wrong?" Aron asked again, this time stepping in front of me so we stopped walking.

Aron looked at me in the eyes, worried and wanting to know what I was thinking.

For a moment I just stared back, looking into his green eyes which had specks of hunny brown in them. The sun reflected off his hair making it look like liquid gold.

I sighed. "Okay, i'll tell you."
I said while looking away from him.

"Truth is...." I paused for a moment trying to think of a convincing lie.

"Truth is, I have really don't feel like going to the store. I have a bad headache and want to lay down."

I'm not really lying, I do have a headache from thinking about Holly and Royce all day.

"Is that really all?" Aron asked.

"Yeah..." I replied.

"Well how about you go home and rest while I go to the store for you then?" Aron said as we continued home.

"Really? Are you sure?" I asked hesitantly.

I didn't want to make him go but I didn't really want to go either.

"Sure! It's no problem so just go lay down when we get home ok?" Aron said with a smile while ruffling up my hair.

For the first time that day, my mind was taken off of Royce and Holly and I was able to smile thanks to Aron.