I'll Call The Shots

"But they just started dating!" I exclaimed. "They can't be engaged that quickly!"

My heart was racing with anxiety and I began having a hard time breathing.

My throat was dry and my eyes began to water at the thought of Royce getting married to a girl who wasn't me.

There's no way this is happening! It can't be!

I was in the cruelest state of denial. A denial so hateful that it made me lose my sense of reason.

"I should've killed her!! I should've just done what I had planned from the start!!" I screamed while smashing my fist into the pillow.

I was enraged. Furious at the thought of Holly.

She did it! The wench actually took what was mine!

My face cringed with anger as I tightened my fist and gritted my teeth.

It's not too late... I can still kill her... I can still get my revenge!

I stood up, making Elliot jump up alarmed, and turned towards the door.

Usually, I would first cry a few days, weeks, months, or however long and then try to do something, but not this time.

I wasn't going to mope around in bed, nor sob into my sheets. I wanted to cry, and I probably will later, but right now, at this moment, there are a lot of things I want to do before I decide to shed my tears.

"Ellie wait! I'm not done explaining. Royce he-" I snapped a glare at Elliot and shoved him onto the floor when he reached out to stop me.

I may have been hurt, but with all the rage inside me, I was far from weak.

"Do not mention that name in front of me." I said strictly while looking down at him.

I was not in the mood for reason nor for logical thinking. I was in the mood for getting shit done, whether it was smart or stupid didn't matter. I wanted to do something with my anger and revenge seemed like the perfect outlet.

"Ellie, you need to calm down, you're starting to shift again! Your eyes are changing!"

I smirked at him.

"Good, it'll be easier to kill Holly if I'm in a different form."

I was done.

Done with the surprises. Done with the excuses. Done with not doing anything about the things I wanted to change.

If I wanted a different result, I'd have to have a method of getting it.

I know there are many other ways, many better ways, to handle this.

But it's hard to think when bombs like these are dropped on you.

It puts you in a frenzy where you want to change things as quick as possible so you do whatever you think of first.

The pain was something I had felt before, the anger, the jealousy, the hatred, the regret, none of it was new.

The self questioning, the denial, the confusion, they practically became my life.

And the frustration, the tears, the sadness, and the betrayal, they were something that I knew would happen again.

All the different kinds of pain physically and mentally, all of them were caused by the same person. The one I thought I loved, the one who I thought loved me.

I marched out the door and Elliot scurried onto his feet and followed me.
The pain from my wounds were mostly numb and the ones I could feel, I ignored.