Captured

At that moment, as I turned my back and left Aron, my heart split in two. One half stayed behind with him and the other  went with me to Royce. As much as it hurt, I knew that I had to keep walking. I hope its true that you gain more during the journey then at the end of it, because, as of right now, I have lost almost everything.

I stepped into the elevator and with every level it went down, anxiety and fear built up. It's amazing, the amount of stress that a human body can handle, well I guess I can't be considered human anymore. All the emotions of love and heart break, all feelings of fright and justice, and all the pressure of doing right and wrong, were all bottled up inside me, and yet, all I did was stand there in what felt like a dream. But this was not a dream, it just had the over all feeling of a dream, it felt as if my body was there but my mind wasn't. 

The elevator stopped and as the door opened I came back to my senses. We walked down long, narrow, white, hall ways, that had doors scattered here and there. Every door we passed had but one, small, circular window. Whatever lied beyond those doors were kept a mystery. After what felt like hours of walking, but in reality it was only a few minutes, we stopped in front of one of the mysterious doors. I took a deep breath in. Finally I will see Royce, the real Royce. The one that knows me, the one that remembers me, the one that loves me. The moment I see him I will have no problem sacrificing myself for him. That's right, he is also the one who had no problem sacrificing his life for me. 

I stood tall and got butterflies at the thought of finally meeting him. As they opened the doors I quickly rushed in.

"Royce!" I exclaimed excitedly. Before I knew it I was in the center of the room turning my head left and right but then I realized something, Royce wasn't there, no one was. My smile soon faded as I turned and looked around. This place looks like a bedroom, like a girls bedroom. Why would Royce be in here? Where is he? I looked at Andrew and he looked at the ground some what ashamed, then, the door shut, leaving only me in the room.

"I know you will hate me for this, but i'm telling you, i'm doing what is best for everyone, including you." Andrew said through an intercom on the wall.

"ANDREW! YOU LITTLE-! LET ME OUT OF HERE!" I exclaimed furiously.

"who would let you out when your as scary as you are right now" Andrew mumbled a little frightened.

"Don't worry though, I promise that you can still meet Royce." Andrew said in a hushed tone, as if to not let anyone hear.

"WHAT?! I WANT TO SEE HIM RIGHT NOW! WHERE IS HE?!" I yelled.

"Shhh! I'm right here you don't have to yell." Andrew said desperately plugging up one ear with his finger "Anyway I can't talk to you right now, well not freely anyway. You wil have to wait until tonight and I will bring Royce over when everybody's asleep." Andrew whispered. Although it was faintly, I could just barely make out the words he was saying. "I'm really sorry about this Ellie, but i'm really on your side." he said. I banged on the door a few more times but he was already gone.

I sighed, frustrated and pissed. 

"Ughh!" I said throwing myself on the bed. Of course this was going to happen! I let out another sigh and told myself not to get depressed over this. 

It could always be worse, in fact, this isn't all that bad. I began to cheer up then another reality hit me. Just because it isn't so bad right now, that doesn't mean it won't get worse later, I mean, I am still a test subject and sooner or later I am going to be tested on. 

I know! Maybe I can turn into an animal and break the door down before that happens. I tensed up all my muscles and concentrated as hard as I could. My eyes were squeezed shut and my hands, clenched into fists.